Prepare to fight dirty and dictate new world disorder with RAID: World War II as Starbreeze, Lion GameLion and 505 Games today revealed release dates for the highly- anticipated shooter, starring John Cleese as the British intelligence officer named Control.
The game itself is a four-player cooperative first-person shooter set during that pleasant little time period when the German war machine was tearing through Europe, and hope was in rather short supply.
Known for contributing to critically-acclaimed heist game PAYDAY 2, developers Game Lion lead by Game Director Ilija Petrusic (Co-founder of OVERKILL Software and lead level designer of PAYDAY: The Heist and PAYDAY 2) and Starbreeze Publishing are bringing their trademark cooperative gameplay, stealth mechanics, and superb sound design to the period shooter. RAID's unique character classes, hero special abilities, customizable weapons and uniforms, and real-life war-torn locations bring the surreal conflict to lifeas players fight for their freedom through sabotage, robbery, and assassination of the Nazi regime.
"The goal in RAID: World War II is simple – sabotage, assassinate and pulverize everything bearing a swastika – mess with Hitler and steal his treasures," said Petrusic, Game Director at Game Lion. "With the Nazi regime as the ultimate evil, RAID brings together four unique characters with playstyles that complement and enhance each other as they fight and steal across Europe."
In RAID's world-wide fight against evil, four prisoners of war are freed by an ominous secret British intelligence officer, "Mrs. White," who needs to take down Hitler and his Third Reich once and for all. Players will utilize key game features to save Europe from the Nazi threat and get rich, including:
- Class Based Gameplay – Players choose from four different classes – Recon, Assault, Insurgent, or Demolitions – each with theirown highly developed skill tree that allows for various play styles;
- War Cries – Each character class can unleash their own powerful War Cry to buff their player or the entire team;
- Character Customisation – RAID's four heroes represent the main combatants from the European theatre of WWII: GreatBritain, USA, Germany and the Soviet Union. Each character possesses a unique look and a customisable uniform;
- Lethal Weapon Modifications – the Second World War was infamous for arming the world with deadly and experimentalweapons that went "bang" in lethal fashion. RAID: World War II gives players access to an array of precision killing machines complete with weapons upgrades such as custom barrels, stocks, fore grips, optic sights and much more to satisfy a variety tastes;
- Operations Mode – RAID: World War II offers players the opportunity to play through extended versions of their favoritemissions by undertaking the "Operations" gameplay mode. Operations challenges players through a chained series of highlymodified raids, featuring new storylines, and added content and objectives;
- Challenge Cards – By participating and completing successful raids, players will earn Challenge Cards that allow them tocustomize the rules of a raid in a give-and-take fashion. For example, enemy ammo drops will increase, providing players withmore ammunition to hold enemies at bay; however, the damage inflicted by enemies will be greater;
- Real-World Locations – The game's setting takes place in real-world locations across war-torn Europe. From mighty m dominating the heart of Berlin, to the idyllic bridge over the Elbe, players will travel through a war-torn Europe and bringdestruction to Nazis in every corner of Hitler's Reich.
The Reich will get hit hard and the personal riches of the Fuhrer will be stolen on PC on September 26 and on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 10 in North America, and October 13 world wide.