So there was a story that we ran this week. Some thought we shouldn't have run it. That it was none of our business. We shouldn't have run that kind of story. That how we ran it was terrible. Or that someone else should have run it instead. And if they did, they'd have done a far better job.
The things is, no one else was running the story. Not for the weeks the information had been made available. We researched the story, checked sources, sought feedback and legal clearance before publishing. When we did, other people then published stories that pretty much replicated or confirmed what we'd run. Still other sites waited until an official statement from another party.
Bleeding Cool is what it is, because we try to stick our neck out, we go first over some of the more difficult stories and step outside of the more commonplace PR-led comic book conversation. That will often ruffle all sorts of feathers. But once we have done so, others can follow. Because without that initial report, it's possible you still wouldn't know the story.
And yes, I know, some people would prefer that they didn't know.
Top Twenty Traffic Of The Week
- Last Night's Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Explains Why Marvel Double Shipped Inhuman #8
- How Do You Solve A Problem Like Manara?
- Could This, Finally, Be Ultimates Vs. Avengers?
- Comics Artist John Upchurch Arrested On Charges Of Battery
- Multiversity: Pax Americana – It's Not Just Watchmen
- So… Who Is The Spider-Verse's Scion?
- From Axis To Time Runs Out To Spider-Verse
- The Iron Man That Dared Not Speak Its Name At Disney's Avengers Half-Marathon
- 39 Thoughts About 39 Comics
- Frankensteining Marvel's Solicitations For February 2014
- Ten More DC Comics' Convergence Titles With Art
- Why Didnt They Relaunch Batgirl With A #1?
- Nightcrawler Cancelled In March 2015?
- The Venom Hoodie They Really Should Make
- The Double Page Splash From Avengers/Attack On Titan
- The Alien Race On Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD Have Been Named
- And To Celebrate, Marvel Comics Announces Agents Of SHIELD Spoilers, Free Comics And Discounts
- DC Comics Sue Valencia Over Bat Symbol From Over Five Hundred Years Ago
- Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D – Follow The Dotted Lines.
- Constantine Halted At 13 Episodes But Not Cancelled
And Ten You May Prefer
- Swipe File: Mitch Gerard's Punisher… And Everyone Else's
- Rat Queens Artist Leaves Title Over Allegations Of Domestic Abuse
- Jock's Ad For Gotham, Appearing In Next Month's DC Comics
- Black Panther Ongoing In May?
- Archie's Black Hood Enters Marvel MAX And DC Vertigo Territory
- Dynamite Buys The Atlas Comics Trademark From Jeffrey Stevens
- Ian Brill Takes On Joe Books Over Darkwing Duck Collection
- Joe Benitez Plans To Publish Three New Issues Of Lady Mechanika
- Bone Comics From Kate Beaton, Kazu Kibuishi, Dav Pilkey, Raina Telgemeier, Doug TenNapel, Craig Thompson And Dan Santa In February
- Kieron Gillen, God Of The Dancefloor At Thought Bubble