The $2.3 billion Studio City project currently under construction on Macau's Cotai Strip is based on Gotham City, featuring 1,600 hotel rooms , 400 gambling tables, a 5,000 capacity sports venue, a Pacha nightclub, a TV studio, a 300,000ft sq mall and a figure of eight ferris wheel, based on asteroids blasting through Gotham…
And to make it official, there will be a DC Comics-branded entertainment centre slap bang in the middle, with featuring a virtual reality ride called Batman Dark Flight and a FlashWonder Woman-themed go-karting track.
No idea if the go karts will be invisible or not.
Robert De Niro, Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt will be starring in a Martin Scorcese short film called The Audition to advertise the location…
Set against a backdrop of Art Deco-inspired architecture, Studio City will deliver movie-star treatment to all its visitors, with the most diverse collection of entertainment offerings ever seen in Macau; a glamorous two-tower hotel; and highly sophisticated and immersive shopping and dining experiences.
"Studio City will represent Asia's 'next generation' of immersive, world-leading, entertainment-driven gaming and leisure destination experiences, as we work to support Macau's tourism development and diversification," said Mr. Lawrence Ho, Co-Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Melco Crown Entertainment.
"It will take the entertainment-inspired leisure destination concept to new levels, in a cinematic setting developed in partnership with the world's leading entertainment brands, supported and endorsed by many of the legends of Hollywood – including this very special short-film collaboration with Brett Ratner, Martin Scorsese, and superstars Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro and Brad Pitt."
Melco Crown Entertainment also announced a partnership to bring the unrivalled portfolio of many of the most iconic DC Comics' Super Heroes and Warner Bros.' classic characters to life, in collaboration with Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment.
"We are also thrilled to announce a collaboration to bring the unrivaled portfolio of some of the most iconic DC Comics' Super Heroes and Warner Bros.' classic characters to life, together with Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment. We are excited to introduce Macau to the exhilarating Batman Dark Flight, a virtual-reality ride that will allow fans of the Caped Crusader to soar over Gotham City, and we look forward to unveiling the Warner Bros. Family Entertainment Center, where families and children can play among many of their favorite characters," said Mr. Ho.
"Studio City will radically enhance and diversify Macau's evolving leisure experiences as Melco Crown Entertainment works to anticipate, innovate and ultimately satisfy the ever-growing needs of the region's and world's leisure destination visitors."
Iconic Macau Landmark
When completed later in 2015, Studio City's towering facade will feature a new, iconic, Macau landmark – the Golden Eye – which at 130 meters will be Asia's highest Ferris wheel. It is inspired by having two asteroids shooting through a Gotham City building.
The Golden Eye straddles the two-tower Studio City hotel, set to offer visitors luxurious accommodations and red-carpet 'star' service. Comprising the Celebrity Tower and the premium Star Tower, the hotel will offer approximately 1,600 rooms, each designed in Art Deco style.
Redefining Asia's Entertainment Destination Landscape
Studio City is designed to be the most diversified entertainment resort offering in Macau, with more world-class entertainment amenities than any integrated resort in the market. It will represent the pinnacle of entertainment-driven leisure destination experiences in Asia.
The world's first Batman film franchise digital ride, DC Comics' Batman Dark Flight, delivers visitors an exhilarating adventure through the night, in an action-packed motion ride, providing thrill-seekers with a virtual reality Batman experience. Fly through Gotham City, following Batman around the city as he brings some of the most notable Super-Villains from his Rogue's Gallery to justice.
Kevin Tsujihara, Chairman and CEO, Warner Bros. commented, "The Warner Bros. and DC Comics portfolio of properties offers a unique and engaging experience for fans of all ages. We are delighted to collaborate with Melco Crown Entertainment to bring these characters to a world-class project like Macau's Studio City."
The resort's stunning entertainment offerings also include:
- Family Entertainment Center, a 30,000 sq. foot fun-filled Family Entertainment Center for kids, is packed with many of your favorite Warner Bros. and DC Comics characters. Kids will get an unforgettable, immersive play experience – bouncing through the air with the Looney Tunes and playing with Tom and Jerry, to climbing on structures with Batman and Superman and driving go-karts with Wonder Woman and The Flash. The Family Entertainment Center will also include a Dark Ride that will for the first time in Warner Bros.' history combine characters from DC Comics, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera Productions within a single attraction experience. This incredible family-orientated facility will allow families to shop and dine as well as enjoy an animation academy, a cinema to catch classic and new animated programs and even a memorable birthday party venue with customizable private party rooms.
- The House of Magic, offers guests an incredible live magical experience showcasing the world's greatest magicians. Designed, curated and hosted by acclaimed illusionist, Franz Harary, The House of Magic features an array of mind-bending shows including Harary's award winning spectacular, Mega Magic. This amazing mystical journey all takes place in the new Asia capital of magic and illusion arts.
Mr. Franz Harary said: "My magic has taken me around the planet introducing me to the world's greatest illusionists. Today, I am proud to bring those incredible wizards to Macau, showcasing their art in a place designed to let their magic shine! Welcome, to the House of Magic at Studio City—sure to become the premier performance venue for magicians globally!"
- Studio City Entertainment Center, a 5,000-seat multi-purpose entertainment center for exciting live concerts, theatrical and top sporting events. The center will be managed by Global Spectrum, which is part of Comcast-Spectacor, one of the world's largest sports and entertainment companies.
- Studio 8, a fully-operational TV broadcast studio, providing visitors with an opportunity to watch the filming of Asia's top television shows.
- Pacha Nightclub, one of the world's biggest names in nightclubs with venues in numerous major cities, including Ibiza, New York, Dubai, Buenos Aires and Sydney, will bring Ibiza-style nightlife to Macau for the very first time and will be electrifying Macau's burgeoning club scene.
Studio City also offers leisure-seekers fun, immersive, 'entertainment environment' experiences including:
- Podium Deck Lazy River, a showcase attraction for hotel guests, an exotic jungle river-themed water ride that meanders through a lushly landscaped podium-level pool deck.
- Cosmos Food Court, a space station-themed food court dining experience. Holographic projection technology re-creates space travel with a gigantic viewing window looking out in to deep space.
Visitors can dine like the stars, with a diverse array of gourmet experiences across a range of exciting restaurants and bars to suit every taste. Studio City offers an eclectic collection of over 30 outlets comprising the very best of Asian and international fine-dining, together with cafe, lounge and casual eatery options.
Themed Retail Experience
The Boulevard at Studio City will bring the world's best retail experiences to life in Macau. Showcased in a movie-studio environment, seamlessly transporting guests from an upscale arcade to high energy lifelike streetscapes, shoppers will be entertained at every turn. Luxurious fashion, unique timepieces and chic accessories will tempt customers as they stroll the 300,000 sq. foot mall.
The sophisticated and glamourous mix of the hottest fashion labels in the world today has been handpicked to delight Studio City's discerning, fashion-conscious shopper.
Merchandised and managed by Taubman Asia, The Boulevard at Studio City will be Macau's shopping hot spot.
Studio City, along with its sister property, the highly-successful City of Dreams Macau, represents the next phase in Melco Crown Entertainment's ongoing strategic mission to aggregate, develop and deliver world-leading, highly innovative entertainment brands catering to the rapidly growing leisure and entertainment demands of enthusiastic leisure destination travelers, both regionally and internationally, seeking unique and ever more exciting travel experiences.