The world seems like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but fandom still brings us together. These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Which also included reviving a certain story involving the Punisher and the police from Bleeding Cool a year ago. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters, a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Punisher and the police, in the ten most-read stories yesterday
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, as it starts to ramp up, but yesterday it was still about being rebooted, recategorised and rescheduled. But in third place was a story from a year ago that featured the Punisher having words for police who use his skull logo. Here's the ten top stories of the day.
- More DC Characters Realise They're Rebooted (Action Comics Spoilers)
- Lucifer Cancelled, Final Story Released as a DC Graphic Novel
- The Punisher Has Words For Police Who Use His Skull Logo (#13 Spoilers)
- Seth Rogen Finds Excellent Use for Leftover Preacher, The Boys F-Bombs
- The Walking Dead Has Message for Fans Bothered By Its BLM Support
- Star Trek Facepalm Arrives at Diamond Select for SDCC 2020
- Konami Addresses The Current State Of Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Organized Play
- Masters Of The Universe Origins Figure Photos Debut Online
- Where In The World (Or Krakoa) Is Moira MacTaggert?
- DC Cancelled Comics Available in Walmart – and eBay
Five stories, one year ago
A happier, more halcyon time. Who'd have thought we'd look back on 2019 so fondly?
- Sugar Pine 7 Announced Their Channel Has Been Canceled
- Jordan White Trashes X-Men Event Decimation
- BTS – When London Wembley Made Them Cry, Singing 'Young Forever'
- Does Batman #72 Rewrite Tom King's Batman History? [Preview]
- First Season of SHOWTIME's "Kingkiller Chronicle" Script is Complete, Says Showrunner
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG. .
- Cartooning + Comics Ages 9-12 Class, Creative Cauldron, 5.3opm BST
- DC Comics Day One da GASP Comics , Fano & Senigallia 4pm UTC+2
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date. With eleven years for us as well.
- Tim Pilcher, author of How Comics Work and Comic Book Babylon, co-owner of Soaring Penguin Press
- Wendy Pini, co-creator of ElfQuest
- Michal Jacot, cartoonist.
- Josef Rubinstein, comic book inker.
- DeAndre' Truesdale, creator of Murderman.
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate the Punisher, police or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.