Every year around this time, studios begin meeting with various actors needed for big movies that will begin filming early in the new year for summer releases the following year. THR have a breakdown of what's going on with Star Wars Episode VII, the Terminator reboot, a new Judd Apatow movie and more.
• Star Wars Episode VII's casting process has been pretty well documented and THR unfortunately doesn't dig up anything we didn't already know: an international open casting call is on for two young leads: a teenage girl and a slightly older guy. But they do add that JJ Abrams and company are also looking for a 40-something military type a la Matt Damon in Elysium, which confirms Brendon's initial report on casting breakdowns of the lead roles.
• Edgar Wright is still searching for his Ant-Man, while THR confirms recent rumors that Paul Rudd has emerged as the frontrunner for Hank Pym. Now the search is on for his leading lady, Janet Van Dyne. While recent rumors have pegged Rudd's frequent co-star Rashida Jones for the part, THR stays mum on names, saying only that the actress will be "30-ish."
• Terminator 5 is testing actresses for Sarah Connor, with previously reported names like Brie Larson and Emilia Clarke now joined by a new contender that is sure to be welcome news for a lot of fans: Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany. Director Alan Taylor and producers will likely cast Sarah before finding a Kyle Reese and John Connor to play off her.
• Nothing new on Batman vs. Superman, as the female lead role is still between Olga Kurylenko, Elodie Young and Gal Gadot, though rumors suggest Gadot has the edge right now.
• Judd Apatow has given a big break to comedienne Amy Schumer by casting her as the lead in his next comedy, Train Wreck (in which she'll play a train wreck), and will next seek to cast supporting roles around her. Among those up for grabs include her boyfriend, a best friend/co-worker and a parent, all sure to be wacky and scene-stealing, I'm sure. No names just yet.