Welcome to the pretty-much-mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. A run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here. If you are getting over your New York Comic Con hangover…
The 20 most-read stories yesterday
- Harley Quinn Has a New Lover at DC – One That No One Will Be Able To Guess
- Check Out New "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Last Survivor" Gameplay
- Some Implications Of The New DC Comics 60-Year Timeline – Are We Partying Like It's 1999?
- "The International" Pilot Ordered From CBS With Dolph Lundgren
- Marvel 80th Anniversary Getting More Funko Pops
- Frank Cho is a Little Late for His Outrage at New York Comic Con
- Exclusive: The Full DC Comics New Continuity Timeline – Including Crisis, New 52, Rebirth and Doomsday Clock – As Shown at #NYCC
- A New Aging for Jonathan Kent? The DC Universe Timeline Generation 4 in Full, From Wildstorm to Hell Arisen
- Over Three Hundred Cosplay Shots from New York Comic Con's Final Day, Sunday #NYCC
- Interview: D&D-Inspired Clothing Line Cantrip
- How James Marsters Undercut Joss Whedon From The Beginning, Playing Spike With a Soul #NYCC
- Benjamin Percy Reveals Details of X-Force in the Dawn of X
- "The Rookie" Season 2 Episode 2 Preview – Nolan Is Gonna Be Up All Night
- "Jurassic Park" Figures Coming Soon From Chronicle Collectibles
- How Much of DC's New Gods Movie Will be Based On Tom King and Mitch Gerads' Mister Miracle?
- Mandalorian First Edition and the Hunt on Triple Force Friday [Experience]
- Wonder Woman, First Superhero of the DC Universe- Breaking Down the First 25 Years of the New DC Timeline
- New Covers, Interior Art from Marvel's Dawn of X Panel at NYCC
- A Wander Round the Harley Quinn Gallery at DC Headquarters at #NYCC
- Stephanie Brown Debuted as Robin – the Third Generation of the New DC Comics Timeline
- Meet John Agee of The Wall In The Middle Of The Book, signing copies, with beer and bubbles to celebrate. Jon will also be painting store windows earlier in the day. Gosh Comics, London 7-9pm.
- When the Rain Comes – A Presentation of the new graphic novel by Bryan and Mary Talbot, 'Rain' is a complete departure from their previous biographical and historical collaborations. It deals instead with the here and now of environmental degradation that threatens us all. The story follows the everyday experiences of ordinary people, while engaging with pollution, climate change, moorland mismanagement and the disruption, misery and loss that these things bring. The characters are fictitious: what's happening around them is shockingly real. 6.30-8.30pm. Cartoon Museum, Wells St, London.
- Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo sign Batman: Damned, Graham Crackers Comics – Chicago Loop, Chicago, IL, noon till 2pm.
- Men's Mental Health Comic Group, Mind Matters Project, Volunteering Matters (Gwent), 1 Portland Buildings, Commercial Street, Pontypool 11am.
- Comic Artist Teaching Sessions, ComiCoffeeuk, Newport, Isle of Wight, 5.30-6.30pm.
- Joe Hill on Adaptation and Storytelling, The Center for Fiction, Brooklyn, New York 7-9pm.
- Rebecca Sugar, at Barnes & Noble, 33 E 17th St, New York, 7-8pm.
And a happy birthday to…
- Howard Chaykin, creator of American Flagg.
- Marvin Perry Mann, comics inker.
- Phil Yeh, creator of one of the first US graphic novels, Even Cazco Gets the Blues.
- Fernando Ruiz, co-creator of Die Kitty Die, instructor at the Joe Kubert School.
- David Doub, publisher of Dusk Comics.