I'm taking a wee break in Paris for the press launch of the new Asterix volume… so any Parisiens feel free to give me a shout. Until then, welcome to the mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Top five comics read yesterday:
- Did Avengers: No Road Home #9 Drop in a Massive Marvel Milestone? (SPOILERS)
- Yes, This is the Return of X-Statix… With Stripe, Stork and Stoner
- DC's Year of the Villain Details Revealed, And Yes, There's Variants
- Sean Murphy to Comic Book Artists: Stop Complaining
- Is This The Return of X-Statix – With Mirror Girl, Hurt John and Demos?
- Swords & Sorcery Life Drawing Class With the Art Model Collective – Orbital Comics, London. 7pm.
- Isabel Greenberg: Being a freelance illustrator – juggling many different hats, London Metropolitan University, London, 1.15 to 2pm
- MVP Comic Book Design workshop (11 – 16 year olds) at The Paradox Community Centre, Chingford.
- Fumetto Comic Festival Luzern, Switzerland until the 14th.
- Cecil Con – North East, Maryland until the 13th.
- CyPhaCon – Lake Charles, Los Angeles until the 14th.
- El Paso Comic Con – El Paso, Texas until the 14th.
- Empire State Comic Con – Albany, New York until the 14th.
- Motor City Furry Con – Novi, Michegan until the 14th.
And a happy birthday to:
- Mark Brooks, artist on Batman, Cable & Deadpool, Ultimate X-Men, The Amazing Spider-Man, New X-Men and Avengers: The Initiative.
- Bruce H. Bolinger, Cracked magazine cartoonist
- Gary Martin, artist on Nexus, Mega Man, Doom Patrol.
- Troy Nixey of Trout, Only The End Of The World Again, Vinegar Teeth and The Black Sinister.
- Alan Vickers, manager of New England Comics