Welcome to the pretty-much-mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. A run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
The 10 most-read stories yesterday
- Marvel to Kill Off Immortal Hulk in October's Immortal Hulk #25
- Matthew Rosenberg Says It Was Painful to Kill Off So Many X-Men
- Could Batman #75 Bring Us A Brand New Robin? (Possible Spoilers)
- Meet the New Writers of James Bond 007 – Vita Ayala and Danny Lore
- The PlayStation Classic Is Now Only $20 And Still Seems Pricey
- 37 Reasons Why Tomorrow is A Monster Wednesday for New Comics Day
- "Castle Rock" Season 2: The Town Begins to Take Shape Again [IMAGES]
- The Batman's Grave: Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch Series Launches in October
- "Preacher" Season 4: Jesse, Tulip, Cassidy, Herr Starr's "Impressions"
- "Rick and Morty" Season 4 Images: Rick Goes "Gladiator"? Crocubots?
- The fiftieth San Diego Comic-Con 2019. Preview Night,
- Geoff Senior and Simon Furman To The Death signing, Orbital Comics, 5:30-6:30pm
- Amy Chu appears at The Cat Cafe to sign copies of Sea Sirens. San Diego, California
- John Lucas appears at Austin Books & Comics to sign his new graphic novel Before Houdini, sequel to After Houdini (Insight Comics). Austin, TX, 5-8pm
- Unearthians signing at Golden Apple Comics, Los Angeles, 10am-noon
- Ulli Lust Signing at Floating World World Comics, Portland, Oregon, 6-9pm.
- CANTO #1 signing by Drew Zucker at Aw Yeah Comics NY, Harrison, New York, 5-7pm.
- Age of X-Man Finale Signing with Lonnie Nadler & Zac Thompson, Third Eye Comics, Annapolis, Maryland, 6-8pm.
- 9th annual Nerdioke. Karaoke, $5 cocktails, and $2 domestic drinks. Sign of the Whale, 9pm.
- Comic-Con Museum After Party with DC Comics for Batman's induction into the Comic-Con museum character Hall of Famefan-centric celebration will feature lively entertainment, food stations, and signature cocktails. 21+, $50, 2131 Pan American Plaza, 9pm-midnight.
- LEVEL UP: The Pop Insider's Con Kick-Off Party, in partnership with Cosplayers Getting Coffee, Arcade1Up, Spin Master, Disguise, and Legion M, sweet geek-inspired cocktails, drinks, bites, contests, giveaways, dancing, board games, Coin-Op Game Room, 789 6th Ave, $25, 7-10 pm
- Ready Party One powered by Crunchyroll. Performances by The Flux Capacitors, DJ Elliot, Chuck None and DJ The Dave, Giveaways, plus many more special guests TBA. This is a fan event and not affiliated with Ready Player One, nor the studio that produced it. Immersive photo ops. Fluxx Nightclub, 500 4th Ave. 8pm-2am.
- Comic Con Theme Party at American Junkie with $3 YOU-CALL-ITS, 50c wings, American Junkie, 628 Fifth Avenue, 9am-2am.
- ComicCon After Party, 102 Hub, 6755 Mira Mesa Boulevard, 5pm-midnight, Free-$17
- Girls Night Out Happy Hour Adventure ,Breakfast Republic, 707 G Street, 5pm, $38
- Rooftop Cinema: Labyrinth, Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, 1 Market Pl, $17 – 24, 8.30p
- New Line's ScareDiego, Horton Grand Hotel Theatre, 444 4th Ave, feature sneak peek of IT: Chapter 2, requires a Comic-Con badge.
- Revenge of the Boodega Super7 collaboration with the Universal Monsters, Super7, 701 8th Avenue,9pm-midnight
- Marvel Comics Trivia Night, American Junkie, 628 Fifth Avenue 7-9 PM
And a happy birthday to:
- The fiftieth San Diego Comic-Con.
- Christos Gage, writer on Daredevil, Spider-Man,
- Richard Moore, creator of Far West, Boneyard and Deja Vu.
- Brian Andersen, creator of Mormon superhero The Stripling Warrior.
- Jason J. Hughes, Co-owner All the Rage Comics & Games.