Thank FOC It's Saturday – Planned to coincide and cover the demands of Final Order Cut Off at Diamond Comic Distributors. Lunar Distribution and as of this weekend, Penguin Random House. So here's this week's comics product coming through that may adjusting as demand slips and slides with the emerging economic bubble. Or somesuch.
Traditionally FOC is the date when retailers have a last chance to amend their advance orders for comic books without penalty. A final opportunity for publishers to promote books while orders can still be added. A time for credits to be amends, new covers to be revealed, and a final push given. This is an attempt to sift through them all and find the most relevant items.
What's FOC-ing this weekend?
- Brian Bendis and Stephen Byrne's new Jinxworld series from Dark Horse Comics, Joy Operations #1 hits FOC, with a preview of upcoming Jinxworld projects, fully returnable if stores order ten or more. There will also be a Local Comic Shop Day version.
- Lobster Johnson gets their first Omnibus.
- Kevin Smith and Mindy Lee's prequel to Masters Of The Universe: Revelation gets its first collection.
- Stranger Things gets a YA graphic novel boxset.
- Dave Stevens' Rocketeer Artists Edition gets FOC for April#s anniversary – will we have the return of the comic from IDW for then as well?
- Finally a finale for Jonathan Hickman and Mike Huddleston's Decorum #8, and a hardcover collection of the full series as well. Post Americana #7 from Steve Skroce also provides a finale.
- Grrl Scouts returns with Stone Ghost #1 by Jim Mahfood. With a 1:25 variant cover and a Local Comic Shop Day edition. Friday #1 also gets an LCSD version.
- How did Gunslinger Spawn #1 and Nina Hawes' Nightmare Blog #1 do? #2 gets an FOC.
- Howard Chaykin's Time2 gets an Omnibus for its 35th anniversary.
- Peach Momoko launches Demon Days: Rising Storm #1 with 1:100, 1:200 and 1:500.
- Devil's Reign #1 begins. The big new Daredevil event, with 1:25, 1:50 and 1:200 variants.
- Hellions ends with a big #18 Goblin Queen finale, with 1:25, 1:50, 1:100, 1:200 and 1:500 variants so Marvel is expecting big things.
- Hulk #2, Thing #2, and Human Target #2 FOC before retailers get to see #1's sales. That's rough. Ditto Venom #3.
- Ms Marvel: Beyond Limits #1 finally FOCs
- Peter David's She-Hulk gets aon Omnibus ahead of the TV show.
- Steven S. DeKnight's final Marvel project FOC with Wolverine: Wastelanders #1.
- Boom Studios' Dune: House Of Atreides concludes with #12, and 1:25 and 1:50 covers
- House Of Slaughter #2 FOCs – how did #1 do? With and 1:25, 1:50 and 1:100 covers
- Radio Apocalypse #1 gets its LCSD foil cover.
- Good Boy #1 launches from Source Point Press, as does Tales From The Dead Astronaut #1.
- Chuck D Presents Apocalypse 91 #0 gets its LCSD volume from Z2 Comics.
- A King's Vengeance #1 by Davilla LeBlanc and Peter Ricq launches from Scout Comics.
- Gotham City Villains #1 launches from DC Comics with a Penguin story by Danny DeVito, with 1:25 and 1:50 tiered covers.
- DC has LCSD covers for DC Vs Vampires #2, Detective Comics #1045, and Task Force Z #2.
- West #1 by John Grund also FOCs its launch from Scout Comics
What's on your FOC?
Sign up below, and we'll see what Thank FOC It's Friday brings next week… on time possibly.