On Back of Keanu Reeves Cover Quote, BANG! By Matt Kindt and Wilfredo Torres Sells Out Before Publication
Bleeding Cool mentioned a few weeks ago that the new comic book series BANG! by Matt Kindt and Wilfredo Torres had garnered a quote from Keanu Reeves. And that was enough for Diamond Comic Distributors to burn through all available stock of the comic ahead of publication on February 19th, and to rush out a new second printing two weeks before the first printing goes on sale. The second printing will feature a new cover by Milestone founder Denys Cowan. Which will also have that cover quote.
"All signs point to BANG! being a breakout hit," said Matt Parkinson, Dark Horse Vice President of Marketing. "We see BANG! joining Black Hammer, Hellboy, and Umbrella Academy on the list of can't miss creator owned comics from Dark Horse."
"Denys Cowan's art is the perfect mix of noir, style, action, and intrigue" said BANG! Editor Daniel Chabon. "His cover's a wonderful introduction to the story's international man of mystery, Secret Agent Thomas Cord."
Here's what people are saying about BANG! Who weren't actually paid to say it:
- "A great f-cked up blend of James Bond and Tintin."—Keanu Reeves
- "What Knives Out did for whodunits Bang! does for 007-style spy adventures by flipping sexist and culturally condescending tropes on their head."—DEADLINE HOLLYWOOD
- "A top secret agent, an elderly crime fiction writer who also solves crimes, members of a sprawling terrorist organization, and a drug-fueled action hero find themselves inexplicably linked to a sci-fi author whose novels could hold the key to saving all of reality…or destroying it."—io9
- "I will literally read anything by Matt Kindt or Wilfredo Torres. Put them together and it's magic. Skip dinner and buy this book"—Mark Millar
- "I fucking love this comic! it's literally everything I want out of one of my favorite creators!! Congrats to the entire team. This is how you make comics!!"—Brian Michael Bendis
- "BANG is a fun, twisty spy thriller with a great meta-twist."—Jay Faerber
- "I love Matt Kindt and I love Wilfredo Torres, so it's no surprise that I loved BANG! It's like the weirdo, mind-bending James Bond story I didn't know I wanted."—Jeff Lemire
- "Thanks to Kindt and Torres we finally have our Idris Elba – James Bond, and it's exactly as cool as you imagined."—Jeff Parker
- "Imagine James Bond being abducted by David Lynch and forced into a maze that shifts with every step forward. The ground is unsteady. The walls of reality move. This is the world of Bang!, a spy thriller expertly conducted by Kindt and Torres, a mystery box that truly starts off with a… Well. You know." —Van Jensen
Orders close for the second printing cover on February 10, 2020. Dark Horse Comics will debut the first issue of BANG! on February 19, 2020 featuring a main cover by Wilfredo Torres and a variant cover by Matt Kindt. The second printing of issue 1, featuring an all new cover by Denys Cowan will be on sale on February 26, 2020.
Stay up-to-date and support the site by following Bleeding Cool on Google News today!