Welcome to Thank FOC It's Friday, a semi-weekly mailing list, similar to The Daily LITG, but (mostly) every Friday and planned to coincide and cover the demands of Final Order Cut Off. The date when retailers have a last chance to amend their advance orders for comic books without penalty. A final chance for publishers to promote books while orders can still be added. And a time for credits to be amends, new covers to be revealed and a final push given. This is an attempt to sift through them all and find the most relevant items.
And now it seems that Diamond Comic Distributors has decided to join in. Well, imitation is the greatest form of flattery. You can sign up here or with the form at the bottom.
So what's FOC'ing today?
- Butcher Of Paris launches from Dark Horse by Stephanie Phillips and Dean Kotz with Dave Johnson covers.
- How did Crone #1 do? #2 is up.
- Kill Whitey Donavan #1 also launches from Duncan Sydney and Natalie Barahona with covers from Jason Pearson
- Batman #84 is up. Tom King's penultimate.
- Frank Miller and Rafael Grampa on Dark Knight: The Golden Child. This should be big. With tiered covers for 10, 25, 50 and 500 copies (above) ordered.
- Legion Of Superheroes #2 – retailers whos meet or exceed 75% of their FOC orders for Batman #65 main cover will make it 50% returnable at a later date.
- Green Lantern: Blackstars #2 – retailers whos meet or exceed 75% of their FOC orders for Green Lantern #6 (both covers) will make it 50% returnable at a later date.
- Deathstroke ends on #50.
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers/TMNT #1 now includes an all-new, open-to-order FOC Cover by Kevin Eastman. The B&W version of this FOC cover will also be available as the 1:50 incentive Cover.
- Harleen hardcover collection gets an acetate cover.
- Zoe Quinn's latest, now with Ben Peeples, Infected: Deathbringer.
- 20XX from a Luna Brother is launching, and returnable for registered retailers.
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer #10 now includes an all-new, open-to-order FOC Cover by Miguel Mercado.
- Todd McFarlane is still drawing Spawn with #303.
- Spider-Man 2099 and Doom 2099 launch. You know they must have asked Warren for the latter…
- Iron Man joins the Gamerverse with a new #1
- Strange Skies Over East Berlin #3 now includes an all-new, open-to-order FOC Cover by Raúl Allén.
- How did Napoleon Dynamite #1 do? Match or exceed 85% of order for Napoleon Dynamite #1 and Napoleon Dynamite #2 is fully returnable with a 20 cent per returned copy fee.
- A new James Bond #1 launches from Dynamite from Vita Ayala, Danny Lore and Eric Gapstur, with a Jimmy Cheung cover and tiered covers at 10, 11, 15, 21 and 25 copies.
- The Medievil hardcover from Titan – this may get missed by some, but the audience is massive.
- The BBC Sherlock returns with Scandal In Belgravia.
- Folklords #1 has been fast tracked to a third printing, cover by Peter Bergting, and allocations may occur.
What's on your FOC?
Sign up below and we'll see what Thank FOC It's Friday brings next week… on time possibly.