Welcome to the pretty-much-mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. A run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
The 10 most-read stories yesterday
- "Crisis" Management: The Flash Met [SPOILER] – Snyder Cut Soon?
- Marvel Editors Confirm "Big X-Men Crossover," More X-Books, and New Class of X-Kids for 2020
- 'Everything Happened' – Including the Proposal to Barbara Gordon – as Nightwing #68 Gets Closer to Dick Grayson
- Damian Wayne – Baby Hitler? Legion Of Super-Heroes #3 Spoilers
- "Supernatural": Jared Padalecki's "Walker", "Superman & Lois" to Series
- More A4: Empyre with a Y Covers Reveal X-Men Tie-in, Wolverine and Spidey in Fantastic Four
- Ralph Macchio Feels the Black Widow's Sting in April
- Marvel's Punisher Skull Now Used For QAnon Recruitment
- "Wynonna Earp" Season 4: SYFY Series' Return to Purgatory Now Official
- Marvel Launches New iWolverine Comic Series For Iron Man 2020
One year ago…
- Jonathan Kent, Superboy, is Now 17 Years Old…
- Sylvester Stallone Shares Some New Pictures from Rambo V: Last Blood
- How Uncanny X-Men #10 Sets Up Age Of X-Man…. (SPOILERS)
- Invaders #1 Rewrites History of Namor… and the X-Men (Spoilers)
- Batman/Flash Heroes In Crisis Crossover Now Called 'The Price' – And Who Killed Robin Anyway?
- Bitch Lit: Gemma Bovary by Posy Simmonds, monthly book club devoted to new feminist writing and cult classics by women. Join us for wine and irreverent, fun discussion led by literary critic Lucy Scholes. Originally published as a serial in The Guardian, it tells the tragicomic story of the life and death of an English expatriate in Normandy, drawing metatextual parallels to Gustave Flaubert's Madame Bovary with characteristic wit and charm. Waterstones Gower Street, £6/£8pm.
- Barbican Comic Forum, An informal group dedicated to the understanding and enjoyment of the multifaceted medium of comic books and graphic novels. Make friends, converse, get recommendations and choose from a wide selection of books to borrow and take home. From novices to fanatics: open to all. Question of the month: What's your idea of a perfect adventure? Barbican Library, Silk Street, London. 5.30-7pm.
- Comics and Cookies, Hedberg Public Library, Janesville, Wisconsin, 4pm.
- Exposition W Comics, Maison de Quartier La Touche, Rennes, France, 2pm.
- Left Bank Kids Club: Nathan Hale – Major Impossible, Left Bank Books, St. Louis, Missouri 4-5.30pm
- Patricia Marx & Roz Chast: Rules For Couples – Live Discussion, Somerville, Massachusett, 7.30pm.
And a happy birthday to…
- Jamie Coville, comics journalist.
- Don Alsafi, employee at G-Mart Comics, Chicago
- Mike Schwartz, creator of Oceanverse comic strip.
- Stephen Sutherland, writer of NeverEnding comic
- David M. DeVries, writer on Suicide Squad
- Steve Erwin, comics artist, co-creator of Checkmate and Gunfire for DC Comics
- My mum.