Welcome to the pretty-much-mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. A run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
The 20 most-read stories yesterday
- Marvel Stopped the Presses to Remove Mark Waid's Captain America Essay From Marvel Comics #1000
- "Rick and Morty" Season 4 Brings Shrimp Rick & Shrimp Morty? [Spoilers] (REDACTED)
- Asterix on the New Two-Euro Coin
- Scott Lobdell Really Wants Red Hood's Outlaws to Be the X-Men
- Tom King's Final Word on Batman in Next Month's Batman Annual
- Young Avengers Relaunch in 2020 – To Replace Champions?
- Kitty Pryde – the New Red Queen of The Hellfire Club?
- When Disney Ordered Ike Perlmutter to Stop Blocking Black Panther and Captain Marvel Movies
- The Titles of the Final Issues Of HOXPOX, and Cosmic Universal Truths Revealed, in Powers Of X #5 (Spoilers)
- Jonathan Hickman Defends Jean Grey's Costume in Coded Message
- Guardians Of The Galaxy to be Relaunched by Marvel in 2020
- Thor: Metal Gods Serial to Bring Movie Fans on Cosmic Journey to the Universe of Comics
- Eternals News From Marvel to Be Teased at New York Comic Con
- Kindred Knows Who's Name Peter Parker Cries at Night – Amazing Spider-Man #30 Spoilers
- "Titans" Season 2: Slade Wilson Made a Promise Deathstroke Will Keep
- Steve Rogers Vs Toxic Masculinity in Today's Captain America #14 (Spoilers)
- Today, Wolverine's Daughter Rien Becomes Part of 616 Continuity (Marvel Comics Presents #9 Spoilers)
- "The Flash" Season 6: Is "Team Flash" Ready for "Crisis" [TRAILER]
- X-Men #1 Dominates Advance Reorders
- Comic Store In Your Future – One Miiiiillion Copies
- Cartoon Crossroads, Columbus, Ohio, until Sunday.
- Chris Ware's Rusty Brown Event, In Convo with Marnie Galloway, Quimby's Bookstore, Chicago, Illinois 7-8pm.
- Batman Damned signing with Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo at Earth-2 Comics, Sherman Oaks, California, 7-9pm.
- Pizza Party with Scott Morse, author of Dugout, Great Good Place for Books, Oakland, California, 7-8pm.
- Greg Land signing at Capitol City Comics, Montgomery, Alabama, Noon to 4pm.
- Emerge Festival: Make your own 3D Cartoon Character with Wilfrid Wood, The Cartoon Museum, Wells St, 7-11pm.
- African Superheroes Day, We Are 336, 336 Brixton Road, Many artists are making up for the severe lack of positive images of black people in animated films and comics, there's alot more than just Black Panther. This animation festival for 6-60 year olds, will feature a variety of African-themed cartoons and authentic black history which tell tales of; Magical Nigerian women warriors, Anansi the West African Folk Hero, The story of Ogun and Oshun, Teenage black superheroes and more. 6.30-9.30pm
A year ago…
- Batman Artist Norm Breyfogle Died on Monday, Aged 58
- Who are the Confirmed Deaths in Heroes In Crisis #1? (Spoilers)
- How Did Dr Manhattan Destroy the Justice Society of America? (Doomsday Clock #7 Spoilers)
- Another New Age Of DC Heroes? Justice League Odyssey #1 Spoilers
- Comics Folk React to Those Heroes In Crisis #1 Deaths
And a happy birthday to…
- Jim Shooter, former Marvel EIC, writer of Secret Wars, founder of Valiant, Defiant, Broadway Comics
- Ales Kot, writer on Secret Avengers, Bloodborne, co-creator of Zero.
- Caleb Gerard, writer on Full Moon Fever.
- Jim Sinclair, collaborator with Sam Kieth on The Maxx.
- Bob Sharen, comic book colourist for Marvel.
- Charles Burns, creator of Black Hole.
- Randy Emberlin, inker on Spider-Man.