Welcome to the pretty-much-mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. A run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
The 10 most-read stories yesterday
- SCOOP: Art, Details For Dark Nights Sequel, Death Metal, by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo
- Was That Really How Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy #6 Was Meant To End? (Spoilers)
- Could Superman Be Getting Another New Identity – King Superman? (Spoilers for Superman #20, Supergirl #39 and Heroes)
- Will the Tenth and Thirteenth Doctors Finally Meet Face-to-Face? Doctor Who: Thirteenth Doctor Year Two #2 [Preview]
- Marvel Finally Puts a Label on Mystique and Destiny's Relationship in Tomorrow's X-Men #6 [SPOILERS]
- Meet Gwen Stacy's New (Old) Boyfriend – Gwen Stacy #1 [SPOILERS]
- Will X-Men #9 Give Us An Intergalactic Cannonball Run?
- Days Of Past, Present and Future in Today's X-Men #6, X-Force #7 and Excalibur #7 (#Spoiler)
- Immortal Hulk to Solve Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Shortage? (Spoilers)
- "Death Note" Returns for a Special One-Shot Story – Read it Online for Free!
One year ago…
- Masters of the Universe MegaConstrux Castle Grayskull Revealed
- Will Superman Kill Darkseid? #DCEASED
- McFarlane Toys Announces License to Produce DC Comics Figures
- Newspaper Comic Non-Sequitur in Trouble for Hiding Profane Message to Donald Trump
- Rob Liefeld Posts Original Designs For Deadpool – and That, He Was Weapon 9 All Along…
- Brian Stelfreeze – Visiting Artist Talk, Montserrat Galleries, H-201, 23 Essex St, Beverly, Massachusetts 11:30am–12:30pm
- Ladeez Do Comics London. With guests Sabba Khan architectural designer and graphic novelist, Jude Cowan Montague artist and writer. 6-8pm, The Cartoon Museum, 63 Wells Street, Fitzrovia, London.
- The Comic Creators Workshop is a bi-monthly meet up for anyone that creates Comics, Graphic Novels and Comic Strips. Whether you're an absolute beginner, looking to improve, or gain new skills, this is the place to be. Run by Comic Book Artist and Writer, Chris Geary, the sessions will include lessons on everything to do with comics, including Writing, Inking and Lettering. Age 16+ Belsize Community Library, Antrim Grove, Belsize Park, London.
- Making Our Way Home graphic novel signing, Vault of Midnight Grand Rapids, Michigan, 5-7pm.
- Jared Reinmuth + Dan Meyers: Big Black: Stand at Attica, Strand Book Store, New York 7-8pm.
Happy birthday to…
- Frédéric Moliérac of Panini Comics France
- Joe Phillips of Mister Miracle, Timber Wolf, Star Trek, Doctor Who and Aliens.
- Dan Forcey, former VP of Platinum Studios
- Barbara Kaalberg, comic book inker
- John A. Peck, underground comics artist
- Stan Shaw, artist of Sunglasses After Dark.