This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the "Wednesday Warriors", those who can't wait till the weekend to get this week's comics. Though thanks to DC, Tuesday Titans too. And this week? It is all about Batman for Batman Day… If any other retailers would like to report their top sellers, please contact email@example.com.
Top ten bestselling comics of the week
- Detective Comics #1,027
- Batman #99
- X-Men #12
- Thor #7
- Giant-Size X-Men Storm #1
- Iron Man #1
- Justice League #53
- Amazing Spider-Man: The Sins Of Norman Osborn #1
- Stillwater #1
- Star Wars: Darth Vader #5
Thanks to the following retailers…
- Graham Crackers Comics – 12 spectacular shops in IL/WI/CA
- Collector's Paradise Pasadena, California
- Ssalefish Comics, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Concord, North Carolina
- Rodman Comics, Ankeny, Iowa
- Dr. No's Comics & Games SuperStore, Marietta, GA.
- Collector's Paradise North Hollywood, California
- Fat Jack's Comicrypt, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
If you would like to contribute to the retailer charts, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who had this to say…
- Dr. No's Comics & Games SuperStore, DC takes the top three, but from there on it's Marvel for six slots, while Image places with Stillwater. The frequency with which titles from Image and Boom have been breaking into the Top Ten is quite noteworthy–readers are discovering that great comics aren't the exclusive territory of the Big Two.
- Graham Crackers Comics Weighing in at an impressive 144 pages – the monstrous DETECTIVE COMICS #1027 was the clear heavyweight champion this week – with multiple customers selecting multiple covers and sending DETECTIVE back into #1 best seller territory. Book was so thick that it even split the silver age bags we tried using on it! Several titles were allocated this week causing disappointment for customers as we did NOT have enough copies – but lots of solid sellers with MARVEL & DC taking all of the TOP 10 slots.
- Collector's Paradise Pasadena, Batman leading to the crazy issue #100 is hot, and DC owned 3 of the top 10 spots, with Detective $10 issue, Justice League Death Metal tie-in. Marvel got a TON of help from the Alex Ross Timeless covers, which sold gangbusters for us, with a lot of customers committing to the full run. It shows, Variants DO have a place in our industry if done judiciously and in a special way, not just slapped on every book in silly quantity ( I am looking at you, Eternals #1 with 38 covers, ridiculous). Indies continue to impress with a VERY strong 2nd issue of Seven Secrets, and a great Punisher-in-Hell book HEAVY from Vault. Those two publishers continue to lead the pack in indie content, and the OG daddy Image Comics impressed this week with Stillwater #1. Overall, we are trying as much as possible to champion new Indie books because … DC no longer likes us.
- Rodman Comics, Batman 99 easily took the top spot. This week we managed to get our Lunar and Diamond shipment on time and that helped sales instead of the previous week waiting and telling people sometime today the comics are to arrive and watch people go elsewhere. Alex Ross covers were very popular for Marvel. Good sales week.
- New Mutants #98 CGC 9.8 $500