The Joker #5 beats the Spider-Man Sinister War event launch – but only just. And War Of The Bounty Hunters has lifted Star Wars sales too. And The Lot from Bad Idea still makes it in… This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what is known as the "Wednesday Warriors", those who can't wait till the weekend to get this week's comics. Though thanks to DC, Tuesday Titans too. If any other retailers would like to report their top sellers, please contact email@example.com.
Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List of the week
- The Joker #5
- Sinister War #1
- Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters #2
- Detective Comics #1039
- Thor #15
- Infinite Frontier #2
- Way Of X #4
- Batman The Detective #4
- Aliens Aftermath #1
- The Lot #1
Thanks to the following Bleeding Cool Bestseller List retailers…
- Ssalefish Comics of Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and Concord, North Carolina.
- Dr. No's Comics & Games SuperStore. Marietta, Georgia.
- Graham Crackers Comics – 12 eclectic shops in California, Wisconsin, Illinois.
- Rodman Comics, Ankeny, Iowa.
- Fat Jack's Comicrypt, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Summit Comics & Games, Lansing, Michigan
If you would like to contribute to the Bestseller List retailer charts, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Retailers come and go, and we always appreciate new blood, especially from retailers in other locations.
Who had this to say…
- Dr. No's Comics & Games SuperStore – DC took number one slot with Joker, but only one other DC made our top ten list. Seven Marvels made the charts at our store this week, as did one Bad Idea title (The Lot). Sales of many Batman books have slowed down significantly in recent weeks, with readers saying that the large number of titles and the $4.99/$5.99/$7.99 price points have forced them to remove a lot of Bat-books from their buying lists.
- Ssalefish Comics – Batman claiming the top spot is nothing weird but Thor registering in the 10 spot versus how it normally performs seems to be a good indication that you don't take a break when you've got a good thing going. War of the Bounty Hunters has brought all the Star Wars book back into the top ten or close to it. Everyone, and I mean everyone, seems to love the Joker book and getting 2 or all of the covers.
- Graham Crackers Comics – Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters continues to do well with it hitting the #3 spot for us this week. Sinister War wasn't really a surprise, but Way of X as one of the lower selling X-titles definitely was.
- Rodman Comics: What a week. The Joker took the top spot for us. Cimmerian Man-Eaters of Zamboula 1 broke into the top ten thanks to the covers causing it to sell out Wednesday. DC took 6 of the top ten while Marvel got 3. Marvel fans seem more and more interested in Marvel movies than their actual comics.
- Summit Comics & Games, I'm sort of shocked that Skybound X #2 dropped to #15 in our weekly sales list. Aftershock has another good launch with Beyond the Breach. Some day soon they will break into the top ten for a week.
- Avengers #1 CGC 4.5 $5,000
The Bleeding Cool Bestseller List returns next week. If your store would like to be involved, get in touch.