The world seems like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but fandom still brings us together. These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Yesterday Masters of the Universe, Lucifer, JK Rowling, Warhammer and an awful lot more is what interested us. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters, a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Masters of the Universe, Lucifer, Star Wars (Oh my)
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, as it starts to ramp up, but yesterday it was all about the Lucifer, JK Rowling, Masters of the Universe, and so on. Keep up with your Daily LITG.
- Lucifer Cancelled, Final Story Released as a DC Graphic Novel
- J.K. Rowling Accidentally Tweets F-Bomb Transphobic Report To Millions
- Hasbro Announces Star Wars: Rebels Black Series Re-Release
- Warhammer 40,000 Comes To Life with McFarlane Toys
- Masters of the Universe: Revelation: Kevin Smith Clears Up Rumor Again
- DC Comics Cancels Manhunters Secret History, Walmart Giants, Reprints
- Batwoman: CW Lets Us Play One of These Things Is Not Like the Other
- Fargo Season 4 Teaser Apologizes for Series' Awkward, Temporary Pause
- Ticket To Ride: Stay At Home Print And Play Expansion Announced
- Putting The Rifleman Back Into Comic Books
The most-read stories from a year ago.
A year ago, Doomsday Clock named the DC Universe as the 'metaverse', something that no-one at all followed up on. We were ahead of where Wally West would end up though.
- The Walking Dead' Season 10: Abraham Meets Judith as On-Set Image Melts Our Walker Hearts
- Brandon Sanderson Says Amazon's 'Wheel of Time' Show Goes in "Unexpected Directions"
- Joshua Luna Blasts Image Comics for Anti-POC Double Standards
- [Rumor] 'Star Trek: Picard' Gaining Brent Spiner as Data?!?
- 4 New Harry Potter E-Books Coming from J.K. Rowling in 2019
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG. And we are returning to events in the flesh as well. I'm betting you can talk Masters of the Universe at that Galactic Comics event today if you're so inclined.
- Galactic Comics and Games Paint Competition May 2020 "Mounted", 12 PM – 1 PM
- Online Comics Workshop May 31 at 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM · PDT
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Adrian Tomine, creator of Optic Nerve.
- David Anthony Kraft, founder, and editor of Comics Interview.
- Dean Haspiel, comics creator for a variety of publishers, 2010 Emmy Award winner.
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate over Masters of the Universe or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.