Welcome to the pretty-much-mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. A run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here. So… has the coronavirus not reached Liverpool?
The 10 most-read stories yesterday
- Jim Lee – Not "Ageing Up Characters or Shuffling Them Off" For 5G
- Man Who Writes 6-Dollar X-Men Comics Amused by How Affordable They Used to Be
- Black Cat's Brand New Costume… Iron Cat
- LATE: Doom Patrol, Legion Of Super-Heroes, Metal Men, Birds of Prey at DC Comics
- The Return of WildCATS and All the Delicious Contradictions Of The DC Timeline in Flash #750 (Spoilers)
- Funko Not Deserting ECCC Over Coronavirus Fears… And Others
- DC Cancels Six Days TPB, and Orders For Inferior Five and Batman vs Ra's Al Ghul #5 and #6
- X-Men vs Sentinel Gets a Second Statue with Iron Studios
- Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo's New Joker Story, For Both Deluxe Hardcover and 80th Anniversary Special
- How Kevin Eastman Found Out He Was No Longer Publisher of Heavy Metal Magazine
- Brexit (Finally) Sees ComiXology UK Increase Prices By 67%, With Pound Dollar 1:1 Parity
- No, Onward Does Not Have Post-Credit Scenes… But It Has Something For The Real Geeks
One year ago…
- DC Cancels Superman/Batman Vol.7, Will Resolicit in 61 Years
- Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History… But Also Preserves Some Of It, Sadly (SPOILERS)
- [SPOILER-FREE] Are the Captain Marvel Post-Credit Scenes Worth Staying For? Who Cameos? And Can You Take Kids?
- DC Comics to Start Detective Comics Numbering Again With Vol 1
- DC Switching to Longer Hardcover Collections of Ongoing Series?
- What Happens When Your Comic Is Cancelled Three Issues In? Green Arrow #50 Preview
- AMC at the Cartoon Museum. Regular bi-weekly Friday evening life drawing sessions with Art Model Collective. Professional models pose with playful props and evocative soundtrack, drawing inspiration from the Cartoon Museum's vast archive. Tickets: £15 in advance, £20 on the door. Entry includes admission to the museum and free art materials courtesy of GreatArt. Plenty of table space, drawing boards and a couple of easels available. 7-9:30pm. Cartoon Museum, Wells Street, London
- Cloudshops: Writing Grants for Comics, Cloudscape Comics, Vancouver, British Columbia 7-9pm
- Liverpool Comic Con, Exhibition Centre, King's Dock, Liverpool, until Sunday
Happy birthday to…
- Joe Pangrazio, creator of Canny Cthulhu Holmes
- Nathan Massengill, inker on Deadpool and JSA.
- Mariah Benes, inker on Teen Titans, Ms Marvel, Superman.
- Tone Rodriguez, Simpsons artist.
- Grant Richards, artist of Away graphic novel.
- Louis Bright-Raven, editor, writer, and illustrator.
- Mike Burkey, comic book art dealer.
- Chris Johnson, artist on The Boy With A Balloon For A Head.
- Richard Dean Starr, writer on Hellboy, Zorro, Kolchak.