Disneyland Resort Is Preparing For The 2017 Holiday Season!
The Disneyland Resort is gearing up for this year's holiday season. Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure, Downtown Disney, and the Disney resorts are all getting into the spirit this year, and it looks like they will be offering some pretty cool things!
At Disney California Adventure Park
- The nighttime spectacular, "World of Color – Season of Light" celebrates the warm and heartfelt spirit of the holidays as it illuminates Paradise Bay with a sparkling winter fantasy combining classic holiday songs with memorable moments from treasured Disney animated films.
- "Festival of Holidays" brings the spirit of the season to life through delicious food and special entertainment, including the popular "Disney ¡Viva Navidad!" A new twist to this celebration presents the popular Festive Foods Marketplace with a mix of holiday comfort dishes that bridge many diverse cultures and family traditions.
- Santa Claus, with a sleigh full of mischievous elves, appears at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, where guests of all ages will join the festive fun with a series of holiday-themed activities along the trail.
- For the residents of Cars Land, holiday decorating begins with the whimsical "Snowcar" that greets guests on the road to Radiator Springs. Each address along Route 66 – Flo's V-8 Café, Fillmore's, Cozy Cone Motel, Luigi's Casa della Tires and more – also gets a holiday makeover that reflects the personality of its "Cars" character resident.
- "a bug's land" transforms for the holidays, too, as Flik and his bug friends deck their land with oversized lights and ornaments.
- A dazzling, 50-foot Christmas tree adorns Carthay Circle along Buena Vista Street. The tree and surrounding buildings, inspired by Los Angeles as it appeared when Walt Disney arrived in the 1920s, are decorated with vintage-style ornaments.
At Disneyland Park
- Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle returns with magical nighttime snowfall moments that conclude with "Believe … in Holiday Magic" fireworks and its stirring snowfall finale.
- Guests will be enchanted by the soaring Christmas tree in Town Square, Main Street, U.S.A. It's 60 feet tall and filled with nearly 1,800 ornaments. This festive backdrop is a popular location for holiday photos.
- Disney characters celebrate the season in "A Christmas Fantasy" parade, a daily procession with floats, music, marching "tin soldiers" and holiday cheer. Santa, who makes a jolly appearance in the parade, also will be found welcoming guests at his special location in Critter Country.
- Disneyland guests definitely will want to experience the popular seasonal transformations of these park attractions:
- "it's a small world" becomes "it's a small world" Holiday with children around the world enjoying the distinctive holiday traditions of their countries.
- Haunted Mansion becomes Haunted Mansion Holiday, with Jack Skellington and his friends from Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" causing a collision between Christmas and Halloween.
The Downtown Disney shopping, dining and entertainment district and the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort join in the holiday festivities with twinkling lights and ornaments, holiday displays, special entertainment, and holiday dining with themed menus.