ReedPop has today announced updated health and safety protocols that will be implemented at upcoming 2021 events, including New York Comic Con (NYCC), Florida Supercon, Emerald City Comic Con (ECCC) and Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2). They state that "at all ReedPop events, the health and safety of attendees is the team's top priority. To reflect current guidance from the CDC and local health officials, ReedPop has implemented new guidelines and policies to help support a safe experience. These new protocols are in addition to previously announced guidelines including directional and distance markings and increased sanitization." Basically, masks, physical distancing, and temperature checks all round. With full vaccination records, or just a COVID test for under 12s at NYCC, or vaccination or COVID tests for all at C2E2 and ECCC. It seems that vaccinations or tests don't matter in Florida.
And because masks are compulsory, cosplayers can't wear masks that hide whether they are wearing a mask. Even though they are wearing a mask. So basically, if you are Spider-Man, wear a face mask on top of your face mask – just like Superman wears his underpants on the outside too.
- Florida Supercon Requirements for Attendees:
- All attendees are required to wear an approved face covering while attending Florida Supercon per the recommended CDC guidelines, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated.
- An overview of the most up to date health & safety protocols for Florida Supercon can be found here.
- New York Comic Con Requirements for Attendees:
- At this time, ReedPop anticipates that everyone entering the Javits Center ages 12 and over will need to be fully vaccinated with vaccines approved or authorized by the FDA or WHO against COVID-19 in order to attend and participate at NYCC, and must show proof of vaccination at their time of entry. Details regarding full vaccination status and ReedPop's verification process will be provided over the next few weeks.
- NYCC attendees younger than 12 must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated Guardian and must provide proof of one of the following:
- negative rapid antigen COVID-19 test taken within 6 hours of entry to each day of the event, or
negative lab PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of entry of each day of the event.
In addition, all attendees must properly wear a face covering at all times while inside the building except while seated when eating or drinking. An overview of the most up to date health & safety protocols for New York Comic Con can be found here.
- Emerald City Comic Con and C2E2 Requirements for Attendees:
- In accordance with public health guidance from Washington State and Illinois State, everyone will need to provide proof of full vaccination with vaccines approved or authorized by the FDA or WHO or proof of a negative antigen or PCR COVID-19 test to enter Emerald City Comic Con and/or C2E2. For unvaccinated attendees, antigen COVID-19 tests must be taken within six hours of the event start time, and PCR COVID-19 tests must be taken within 72 hours of each day of entry to the event.
- An overview of the most up to date health & safety protocols for Emerald City Comic Con can be found here.
- An overview of the most up to date health & safety protocols for C2E2 can be found here.
- Every attendee at all ReedPop events, including fans, exhibitors, artists, guests, crew, and staff, are expected to comply with the health and safety requirements set forth by ReedPop. All restrictions and requirements are subject to change. ReedPop will continue their commitment to review each event's health and safety guidelines in accordance with public health recommendations.