Dragon Ball Super CG Value Watch: Ultimate Squad In May 2023
Dragon Ball Super Card Game Value Watch notes that the Frieza Secret Rare from Ultimate Squad has become one of the cheapest in the hobby.
Dragon Ball Super Card Game is a dynamic hobby for collectors. The value of cards can sometimes be unpredictable, as the market performance of these cards is far more reliant on the playability of cards than we would see in a hobby like Pokémon TCG where both players and collectors rule somewhat equally. However, collectors do have some influence in the DBSCG and SCR cards with popular characters sometimes end up becoming break-out cards. Every month, I will release an installment of this series, Dragon Ball Super CG Value Watch, to analyze the market of current expansions. This series is not financial advice but is rather a way to help collectors know the trajectory of a card's availability so that DBSCG completionists know when to strike. Today, let's see how the cards of Ultimate Squad, which was released in June 2022, are doing now in May 2023.
Here are the top valued cards of Dragon Ball Super Card Game: Ultimate Squad with market values observed on TCGPlayer as of this writing:
- Piccolo & Son Gohan, Newfound Might SCR BT17-148: $181.23
- Oath of Z SCR BT17-149: $52.34
- Invader's Vow SCR BT17-147: $21.83
- SS2 Son Gohan, Z Fighter SPR BT17-083: $17.22
- Cell, the Ultimate Bio-Android SPR BT17-049: 7.20
- Android 17 & Android 18, Team-Up Attack SPR BT17-136: $5.80
- Beerus, Motivated Destruction SPR BT17-134: $5.60
- Android 17 & Android 18, Teaming Up SPR BT17-033: $5.49
- Vegeta, Proud Warrior SPR BT17-132: $4.14
- Cooler, Sibling Cruelty SR BT17-068: $3.98
The Frieza-focused Invader's Vow SCR is becoming one of the cheapest SCRs in the history of the hobby. In fact, it looks like it could easily be overtaken by the SS2 Son Gohan, Z-Fighter SPR. Honestly, while the Freiza card is fine, I'd almost certainly rather pull that SS2 Gohan hit myself. This set is largely dropping, with Android 17 & Android 18, Team-Up Attack SPR losing almost half its value this month. The cards outside of the Piccolo & Son Gohan SCR chase card, which remains steady, were already low and are getting lower.