"Marvel's Helstrom": Hulu Series Casts "X-Men" Alum Daniel Cudmore
A liitle less than a month after Hulu and Marvel Studios' reaffirmed their commitment to Marvel's Helstrom with a major casting announcement of names that carry some serious "geek cred" with them (see below), we have yet another name to add to the cast.
Daniel Cudmore (X-Men and Twilight franchises, Freeform's Siren) has been cast in the recurring role of Keith Spivey, a nurse at St. Teresa's. With the hospital serving as the institutional home for their mother Victoria for the past 20 years, Spivey's profession with have him crossing paths with where Daimon (Tom Austen) and Ana Helstrom (Sydney Lemmon)
Executive produced by series showrunner Paul Zbyszewski and Marvel Studios mastermind Jeph Loeb(???), Marvel's Helstrom stars Tom Austen (Grantchester, The Royals) as Daimon Helstrom, Sydney Lemmon (Fear of The Walking Dead) as Ana Helstrom, Elizabeth Marvel (Homeland, The Meyerowitz Stories) as Victoria Helstrom, Robert Wisdom (Ballers, Watchmen) as Caretaker, June Carryl (Mindhunter, Dead Women Walking) as Dr. Louise Hastings, Ariana Guerra (Raising Dion, Insatiable) as Gabriella Rosetti, Alain Uy (The Passage, Paper Tigers) as Chris Yen, and Daniel Cudmore (X-Men and Twilight franchises) as Keith Spivey.
Marvel's Helstrom centers on Daimon and Ana Helstrom: the son and daughter of a mysterious and powerful serial killer. The siblings have a complicated dynamic as they track down the terrorizing worst of humanity – each with their attitude and skills.
"Marvel Television is thrilled to have such an amazing cast that enriches Paul's fantastic writing. The ensemble is the perfect way to bring our audience into our Adventure into Fear franchise causing delicious nightmares of what's to come!"
– Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer
Here's a look at the character breakdowns for the upcoming series (first reported exclusively by Deadline Hollywood):
● Austen's Daimon Helstrom is professor of ethics who moonlights as an exorcist. Daimon has no illusions about saving a world he has no patience for; he just hopes he can help a few of the people closest to him. In his battle against a hidden world, Daimon is determined to root out demons as they arise, and will not stop until they're vanquished.
● Lemmon's Ana Helstrom runs a successful auction house and suffers no fools, but her true interest lies in hunting down those who hurt others. Traumatized by her father as a child, Ana is driven to rid the world of those like him, even as she secretly worries her father will return.
● Marvel's Victoria Helstrom is plagued by demons both real and imagined. Victoria has been institutionalized for twenty years. While she struggles to be herself, she hopes to repair her relationship with her children.
● Wisdom's Caretaker is a guardian of knowledge of the occult. He uses his knowledge and his relationship with Ana to help keep demonic forces at bay.
● Carryl's Dr. Louise Hastings is a psychologist with a strong faith but an open mind. Hastings is head of the psychiatric hospital where Victoria is being monitored. She has watched over the Helstrom family for years, caring for them as best she can.
● Guerra's Gabriella Rosetti is a woman balancing logic and faith. Gabriella arrives from the Vatican to help Daimon and Hastings uncover cases of demonic possession. She wants to save everyone she can, including Daimon.
● Uy's Chris Yen is Ana's business partner and her closest friend — some would say surrogate brother. He carries out the bulk of the auction house's responsibilities and assists Ana with whatever she needs.
Stay up-to-date and support the site by following Bleeding Cool on Google News today!