The second season of Netflix series GLOW about the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling is back, and better than ever. The Golden Globe nominated series that celebrates all things girl power and amazing odd-ball Netflix comedy.
The performances are top notch in both performance and athleticism- these ladies are at the top of their games and completely dedicated to the series.
If you missed season 2 episode 6 "Work The Leg", you can catch up here.
Things that happened in "Nothing Shattered":
- Picking up immediately in the aftermath of the match between Zoya and Liberty Belle
- Camera guy carries Ruth out of the ring, and everyone is stunned
- The girls all rush outside to take Ruth to the hospital
- Sam takes a moment to point out to camera guy that he could've carried Ruth too, "but someone had to shoot the show". Unclear if he's peeing on the show's leg or Ruth's leg
- Back at the studio, Debbie is in the shower, and Bash walks in on her
- He's nervous seeing her naked, and starts rambling about a match he'd watched when he was young
- Debbie doesn't give a shit about what happened, yet.
- Over at the hospital, the contest between camera guy and Sam continues to take control
- Sam gently takes Ruth's boot off, and her ankle is messed up
- Justine comes in, and tosses a pile of candy at Ruth, Sheila brings a stolen pillow, and the rest of the girls all come in to help cheer her up
- This may be the cutest montage
- Debbie finally shows up at the hospital, the other girls are giving her the cold shoulder.
- Turns out Ruth doesn't have health insurance, nor do any of the other performers, and Bash realizes how bad it could get
- In a conversation between Sam and Arthie at the vending machine, she reveals she was a med student before joining the show
- Debbie goes in to visit Ruth, and hears the diagnosis
- It's a clean break, cast and crutches for 8 weeks, which is the rest of the season
- Debbie is being a huge bitch, and a really missed the point of convincing Ruth she didn't purposely break her leg
- This is an amazing scene, both actresses just out for blood from each other
- Sam tells Ruth he doesn't want to make the show with her, and alllllll the feels.
Probably one of the best episodes of the series, the writing, the action, and the performances. I hate Debbie as much as I love Betty Gilpin's performance, and the ensemble just gets stronger and stronger.
GLOW season 2 is currently streaming on Netflix.