German-owned publisher Business Insider has commissioned a comic book from Anthony Del Col and Josh Adams to tell the full story of, as the publisher puts it 'why Trump was impeached, and what he got away with.'
Josh Adams, son of Neal Adams, has worked on titles such as Doctor Who, Green Arrow, House Of Mystery and Superman as well as design work for shows on the Syfy Channel. He's also occasionally written for Bleeding Cool. Anthony Del Col is best known for co-creating the Kill Shakespeare franchise at IDW, writing Assassins Guild at Titan Comics and Nancy Drew and Sherlock Holmes comics at Dynamite. The piece begins,
In November, 2019, President Trump became the third man in the history of the United States to be impeached.. The story of why that happened, and what he was accused of, spans oceans, features an enormous cast, and runs the course of his entire presidency. To help the American people understand precisely what happened, Insider hired Anthony Del Col and Josh Adams to tell this story. All of what's contained in here are illustrations of real events. The original reporting is outlined beneath the comic.
Here are those reference points:
- "The Invention of the Conspiracy Theory on Biden and Ukraine," Jane Mayer, The New Yorker
- "Trump's 'Missing DNC Server' Is Neither Missing Nor a Server" Kevin Poulsen, The Daily Beast.
- "Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine President to Investigate Biden's Son" by Alan Cullison, Rebecca Ballhaus and Dustin Volz, The Wall Street Journal
- Released transcript of the Trump – Zelensky call
- Whistleblower complaint
- "A Brief Guide to Giuliani's Questionable Friends in Ukraine", Katie Zavadski and Jake Pearson, ProPublica, and Ilya Marritz, WNYC
- "Trump impeachment inquiry Michael Pence Texas Arrest of Giuliani associates ensnares 'Congressman 1′" By Michael Biesecker, Desmond Butler and Brian Slodysko, The Associated Press
- Trump involved Pence in efforts to pressure Ukraine's leader, though officials say vice president was unaware of allegations in whistleblower complainty by Greg Miller, Greg Jaffe and Ashley Parker,
- "Giuliani Associate Claims He Dangled Pence's Attendance at Zelensky's Inauguration to Force Biden Investigation" By Mairead McArdle, National Review
- "Two business associates of Trump's personal attorney Giuliani have been arrested on campaign finance charges" by Devlin Barrett, John Wagner and Rosalind S. Helderman, The New York Times
- "Two Giuliani Associates Who Helped Him on Ukraine Charged With Campaign-Finance Violations" Aruna Viswanatha, Rebecca Ballhaus, Sadie Gurman and Byron Tau, The Wall Street Journal
- "2 Giuliani Associates Arrested With One-Way Tickets at U.S. Airport" by Mark Mazzetti, Eileen Sullivan, Adam Goldman and William K. Rashbaum, The New York Times
- "Pelosi's Leap on Impeachment: From No Go to No Choice" Sheryl Gay Stolberg, The New York Times