Andy Mangels Needs To Sell Prize George Perez JLA Artwork
Award winning comics and sci-fi writer Andy Mangels is in dire financial straits right now, a combination of healthcare bills, and rent issues. He writes
Due to the economic situation, I am forced to sell my two most prized George Perez art pieces. It's killing me, as I have immense sentimental attachment to them (not only do I archive George's work, but these were my payment for my first professional comic job, 20+ years ago), but circumstances dictate they must be sold, and quickly.
These are the covers to the JLA Indexes #1-2 (1986), featuring between them the entire line-up of the JLA to the mid-1980s satellite era.
It's rare that Perez JLA covers come up, and even rarer that you get all of the major characters like this.
Art is in flawless condition and stored in mylar, and is nearly full-bleed with minor logo room. No personalized inscription.
Cover 1, close up of top, close up of bottom
Cover 2, close up of top, close up of bottom
* These will ONLY be sold as a set.
* Please make a "final offer" bid. I'm looking in the $12-14K range or higher. In better times, it would be MUCH higher.
* Payment can be made by bank transfer or Paypal.
* If necessary, payment plan can be done over a five month period in up to three equal payment installments. Art will not be shipped until payment is completed.
* I'm only taking offers over the next few days, so respond quickly. Please contact me here.
You heard the man…
Stay up-to-date and support the site by following Bleeding Cool on Google News today!