The world seems like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but at Bleeding Cool you can still read all about comics, television shows and movies. We have also been covering multiple accusations by many people in and around comic books of sexual harassment, grooming and worse. Bleeding Cool EIC Kaitlyn Booth has held the firm line that we don't repeat accusations on Bleeding Cool without the agreement of those making the claims. Sometimes that means we run stories that others do not, sometimes we don't run stories that others do, sometimes we run stories later. Yesterday saw a lot of attention regarding a story we ran about Scott Lobdell a year ago. Today there are more. The Daily Lying In The Gutters, remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. Including Wolverine, Red Hood and Superman joining The Authority – more on that to come. And as a week skipped by Marvel and DC for new comics – what else is on the stands today? You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Wolverine, Red Hood, Superman and the ten most-read stories yesterday.
Comic book news dominated traffic yesterday, with a mixture of advance news, gossip, and old news coming back to bite.
- A New Look For Wolverine In #3 (Spoilers)
- Scott Lobdell Quits Red Hood With #50 Replaced By "Dynamic New Voice"
- Gossip: Superman To Lead The Authority in 2021?
- Riverdale Star Lili Reinhart Apologizes for Breonna Taylor Post
- 25 Comics You Can Buy Tomorrow as Marvel and DC Skip a Week
- Justice League's Ray Fisher Throws Joss Whedon Under the Bus
- Kelly Fitzpatrick Accuses Nika Harper of Sexual Assault at ECCC
- Funko SDCC 2020 Reveals: San Diego Comic Con Toucan
- DC TV Vs DC Comics Over Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy
- Curb Your Enthusiasm: Larry's as Upset as You are Over Season 11 Order
One year ago.
- Her Name is Rien and She's Wolverine's Daughter
- "Sandman": Netflix Orders Neil Gaiman Comic Adapt Straight to Series
- Razer Cuts Ties With Gabriela Cattuzzo Over Twitter Comments
- Will Jonathan Hickman's House Of X and Powers Of X Tie In With His Avengers Run?
- "Slutty Teenage Bounty Hunters" Set to Raise Eyebrows on Netflix
- Frank Miller Calls "Cursed" His Feminist Retelling of the King Arthur Myth
Comic Book Events happening today.
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG.
- New Comics Day
- Afropolitan Comics Workshop: Drawing on Folklore, Live Video by French Institute of South Africa – IFAS Culture and National Arts Festival Makhanda 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM UTC+02
- The Comics Haul with Amy and Paul, Sideshow Collectibles, 11am-noon PDT
Comic Book birthdays today.
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date. With eleven years for us as well.
- Alex Paknadel, co-creator of Friendo, Turncoat, Kino, writer on Incursion, Doctor Who, Assassin's Creed
- Mike Baron, creator of Badger, co-creator of Nexus.
- Luis Guaragna, artist on Strangeways
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List.
Interested in more discussion about Scott Lobdell, Wolverine, Red Hood, and what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.