Relic Entertainment announced this morning that they have pushed Company Of Heroes 3 until February of 2023. The team revealed in a new blog a number of additions they have been making to the game, however, those changes come at a cost as the game's new release date has been changed from November 17th to February 23rd, 2023. We have the notes from the team below as well as a quote from Relic's GM about the push as we now wait to see what they have planned for development with he extra three months.
- Relic has made distinct improvements to its brand-new Dynamic Campaign Map, such as updating its new supply system, implementing a more aggressive AI, and seeing faster travel across the map through seaport and airport enhancements.
- The studio has added a stronger focus on visual grit and details during battles, by improving shader technology and finetuning. Additionally, Relic has made significant changes to the overall lighting of CoH 3.
- Relic has enhanced moment-to-moment gameplay by making changes to the camera positioning and providing clearer mini-map information. Improvements are also being made to the HUD layout and the overall theming of the UI.
- Seeing players experiment with the Multiplayer Pre-Alpha in November 2021 really helped the developers make significant improvements on Battlegroups, their upgrade trees, units, and call-in abilities.
- Relic has reviewed and improved parts of the voice-over lines to ensure they are authentic to specific characters and their native accents featured in the game."