These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture – and Funko – is being absorbed in this time of trial. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Furloughed Funko, DC Comics packaging and Forbidden Planet fundraising – the 10 Most-Read Stories yesterday
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, as Funko furloughs its own Pops, DC Comics arrive wrapped in plastic and Forbidden Planet continue to appeal for help – Klaus Janson just donated a thousand dollars. Keep up with your Daily LITG.
- Funko Will Be Reducing Products for the Rest of 2020
- DC Comics Arrive In Stores – In Bubble Wrap
- Forbidden Planet of New York Launches GoFundMe To Survive
- Marvel Comics Furloughs Staff This Weekend
- Ubisoft Releases The "Just Dance 2020" Song List
- Diamond Tells Retailers to Complete New DC FOC By Monday Night
- Diamond Removes GEM from Three Jokers and Other DC Comics
- Heavy Metal Calls New Direct Comics 'Virus' Says Retailers Will Close
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow Review: Lifts Us Up, Not Looking Down
- Duncan Trussell Discusses His Personal Journey to The Midnight Gospel
The censoring of Wonder Woman and other most read story, one year ago
Remember when Wonder Woman was a symbol of power, both in terms of censorship and recreation? DC censoring their own work and the misappropriation of others, and people cared enough about Heroes In Crisis to threaten Tom King's life.
- Walmart DC Comics Have Censored Michael Turner's Artemis and Wonder Woman
- Alexandria Ocasio Cortez is Wonder Woman
- Tom King Reports Death Threat Following Heroes in Crisis Reveal
- Writer Of the Original Avengers: Endgame Comic Roy Thomas Just Saw the Movie [No Spoilers]
- Marvel Has Already Messed Up Legacy Numbers on X-Men…
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG.
- Sunday Afternoon Back Issue Comics Sale, Keller, Fort Worth, Texas 4pm
- Coliseum of Comics presents: Mini Paint Clinic, 3pm
- Comics X Brescia, Comics League of Brixia, Brescia 4.30pm UTC+2.
- CBA vol 49 – Call for submissions: comics and texts, Sweden
- Online Comics Workshop, Leland Bjerg and Okanagan Comics Creators, 2-4pm CT
- Infinite Readers Comics Club Reads Wonder Woman, Rebirth v.1, Jennie Law and Comics Book Club, noon-1pm.
- Word Up – Online Intermediate Nonfiction Comics Class w/ Ellen, Community Bookshop – Libreria Comunitaria, 1pm.
Comic Book Industry birthdays, today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. Or if there is, the police will come and shut you down. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Kerry Gammill, comics artist best known for Power Man and Iron Fist and Superman
- Brad W Foster, Shadowhawk artist
- Stefan Blitz, EIC of Forces Of Geek
- Jeff Zornow, Godzilla comic book artist
- Craig Rousseau, co-creator of Perhapanauts and artist on Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane.
Interested in the bribes and furloughs of Marvel, the fate of Forbidden Planet, or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.