Welcome to Thank FOC It's Friday, a semi-weekly mailing list, similar to The Daily LITG, but (mostly) every Friday and planned to coincide and cover the demands of Final Order Cut Off. The date when retailers have a last chance to amend their advance orders for comic books without penalty. A final chance for publishers to promote books while orders can still be added. And a time for credits to be amends, new covers to be revealed and a final push given. This is an attempt to sift through them all and find the most relevant items.
You can sign up here or with the form at the bottom. And this week is a monster of an FOC… just take a look.
So what's FOC'ing today?
- Matt Wagner brings back Grendel with Grendel: Devil's Odyssey – returnable to those who order ten copies or more. What will Andrew Rev say this time?
- Choke Gasp – the Best of 75 Years of EC Comics HC and EC Archives: Modern Love HC from Dark Horse.
- Ann Nocenti and Flavia Biondi launch Ruby Falls #1 – returnable to those who order ten copies or more.
- The DC Comics acetate cover run for Year Of The Villain hits FOC early for November. It's a rather neat cover trick reminiscent of the WTF covers…
- DC Comics is also launching a bunch of new or relaunched Giant-sized non-exclusive to Walmart books, though Walmart will get them first. They have however declined to tell any comic book retailers what's inside the pages of these first issues, what content is new and what is reprint, for Aquaman Giant, Batman Giant, DC Ghosts Giant, DC Super Hero Girls Giant, DC Villains Giant, Scooby-Doo 50th Anniversary Giant, Flash Giant, Swamp Thing Giant, Teen Titans Giant, or Wonder Woman Giant.
- How did Legion Of Super-Heroes: Millennium #1 do? #2 is up for FOC.
- Joker/Harley Criminal Sanity #1 will be returnable if retailers match their orders for Batman Last Knight On Earth #1.
- DC launches a very newsworthy Superman Smashes The Klan #1 by Gene Luen Yang and Gurihiru.
- IDW launches Star Wars Adventures: Return To Vader's Castle with returnability for over 10 copies ordered – and both 1:10 and 1:100 covers which could make the difference when it comes to the stats. All five issues are up for FOC, with returnability across the line for a small fee.
- Image Comics launches Michel Fiffe's COPRA #1 as an ongoing series – and returnable for registered retailers.
- Die continues to put on numbers… #8 is up for FOC this week. Worth checking?
- Ken Garing's Gogor OGN is up for FOC from Image. Worth a second look.
- Maneaters comes to an end with a good-looking #12 finale.
- Manifest Destiny is back with #37 and a new story arc.
- Marco B. Bucci and Jacopo Camagni launch the English edition of Nomen Omen #1 with returnability for registered retailers and 1:15 covers.
- Spawn #301 is up for FOC with a number of still-unseen new covers from Campbell and Sienkiewicz – but how did #300 do? Many are returning to it…
- The final Walking Dead Omnibus – Vol 8 containing #169-193.
- Absolute Carnage: Immortal Hulk will be the big one.
- Bizarre Adventures #1 returns in a trademark protecting publishing spree from Marvel. It will be written by Michael Conrad, along with Jed Mackay, Becky Cloonan and Sebastian Girner, and drawn by Francesco Manna and other.
- Marvel's DCeased wannabe, Contagion, has the first of five issues up for FOC.
- Marvel Comics is going heavy on Doctor Strange #20. Will you join them?
- While Fantastic Four #15 has an unseen spoiler variant cover by Valerio Schiti.
- Fantastic Four Grand Design begins its two-issue run…
- Future Fight Firsts begin with White Fox.
- A new Ghost Rider #1 from Ed Brisson and Aaron Kuder begins for Halloween.
- And a new Spider-Verse #1 launches from Jed MacKay and Juan Frigeri.
- The House Of X and Powers Of X #1 fourth prints have covers that may be iconic…
- While House Of X concludes with #6…
- …and we have the launch of Marauders #1, X-Men #1… boom.
- And Immortal Hulk #24 looks like… quite a big one.
- But as big as Marvel Comics #1001? This is a monster of an FOC…
- And a final Star Wars #72 before a relaunch.
- Boom launches Strange Skies Over East Berlin by Jeff Loveness and Lisandro Estherren, fully returnable for registred retailers – will it follow in Once & Future and Something Is Killing The Children's footsteps?
- They also have a WWE Smackdown launch from Kevin Panetta and Kendall Goode
- Dynamite has Max Bemis and Matt Gaudio launch a new Black Terror series with all of the covers you can throw at it.
- And their many years later, nineties throwback relaunch of Vengeance Of Vampirella by Tom Sniegoski and Michael Sta. Maria continuing from when they left off.
- Action Lab launches Almalgama Space Zombie by Jason Martin and Winston Young.
- As well as Killswitch #1 by Susan Bridges, Jeffrey Bridges and Walter Geovani.
- AfterShock launches a new Dark Ark: After The Flood by Cullen Bunn and Juan Doe
- Lion Forge has the long awaited Catalyst Prime: Seven Days #1 by Gail Simone and José Luis
What's on your FOC?
Sign up below and we'll see what Thank FOC It's Friday brings next week… on time possibly.