Welcome to the pretty-much-mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. A run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
The 10 most-read stories yesterday
- Scott Snyder on Making Doomsday Clock Part of the DC Universe Again – "That's Our Job. That's What We're Trying To Do"
- Funko 12 Days of Christmas Bundle Coming on Cyber Monday
- "Harry Potter: Wizards Unite" Has Started Its Holiday Events
- "I Want to Make Batman Unnecessary" – Hasan Minhaj and Anand Giridharadas Take on Bruce Wayne in The Patriot Act
- "Watchmen": [SPOILER] Responds to Dr. Manhattan Revelation [VIDEO]
- The Latest "Stardew Valley" Update Comes With An End-Game Mystery
- "Rick and Morty" S04 "Claw and Hoarder: Special Ricktim's Morty" Preview
- Ubisoft Releases The "Just Dance 2020" Song List
- DC Comics Keep Rafael Grampa's Cover on Dark Knight Returns Despite Chinese Protests
- Ed Brubaker, Sean Phillips and Jacob Phillips Launch "Pulp" in May 2020
One year ago…
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Frank Reynolds: Style, Thinker (Video)
- Rocketeer Reborn Cancelled by IDW Before Publication, Will Not Be Resolicited (UPDATE)
- Hello, Wolverine. Goodbye, Wolverine. [X-ual Healing 11-28-18]
- Arrowverse "Elseworlds": Shipp's Flash Fails His Earth-90 (PREVIEW)
- 5 Actors Who Could Play Marvel Studios Hero Shang-Chi
- Tales of the Night Watchman/The Red Hook: The Untold Legend of Luna Release Party, with Dean Haspiel, Dave Kelly, Brett Hobson, Sonia Liao, DC Hopkins, Clare DeZutti, and Simon Fraser at Anyone Comics, Brooklyn from 6pm.
- Wednesday Comics Club, A weekly interest group based around comics, gaming and films. Richmond & Kingston United Response, Rowan House, Teddington, 6pm.
- Cartoon Museum Talk. From William Hogarth (1697-1764) and James Gillray (1756-1815) to Dennis the Menace, Rupert the Bear and Judge Dredd, the Cartoon Museum showcases social, political, satirical and joke cartoons from the 1700s to the present day. Following an introductory talk, a behind-the-scenes look at some of the extensive collection, and a 'spotlight tour' of the current temporary exhibition, there is chance to explore the museum's new premises at leisure. The main exhibition gallery, curated by The Guardian's cartoonist Steve Bell, tells the story of the history of cartoon and comic art, with examples from the museum's collection of 6,000 pieces. Includes tea or coffee and biscuits. Cartoon Museum, Wells St, London. 11.30pm and again at 2.30pm. Cartoon Museum, Wells St, London. 2.30pm.
- SketchnoteLDN No. 38 Comics & Storytelling + Figure Proportions & Actions 101, London, 6.30-8pm.
- Christmas Comics Exchange at Black Cat Comics and Games, Ontario – for $10 pick out a comic that you enjoy and would recommend to another person to try out, or one that you've been interested in reading and let us know you want to enter into the Christmas Comic Exchange!
A happy birthday to…
- Rafael Albuquerque, Batman artist and co-creator of American Vampire.
- Bambos Georgiou, editor, writer, artist, inker, colourist, letterer for Marvel UK and co-founder of Aces Weekly.
- Michael McClain of M Studios Publishing
- Dennis Yee, penciller of Seadragon and Elvira: House Of Mystery
- Geoff Isherwood, artist on Silver Surfer, Conan the Barbarian, Daredevil, and Doctor Strange as well as creator of LINCOLN-16.
- Ashley Holt, creator of Bedbugs.
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List