These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is being absorbed in this time of trial. Even if a certain Mr Dennis Barger doesn't seem to observe all its strictures. With Marvel making Civil War a negatively priced commodity like oil and New York's Forbidden Planet fighting for its life, it's a very strange time. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Marvel Bribes, Forbidden Planet and DC Boycotts. the 10 Most-Read Stories yesterday
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, as the Diamond distribution monopoly of the direct market was shattered by DC Comics, as comic book stores like Forbidden Planet struggle, and secretive deals are done under the cover of hail. Keep up with your Daily LITG.
- Marvel is Bribing People to Read Civil War on Marvel Unlimited
- Forbidden Planet of New York Launches GoFundMe To Survive
- Dennis Barger Just Sold a Quarter of a Million Comics in Shutdown
- Alan Gill Boycotts New DC Comics Distributors in Favour of Diamond
- When is a 1st Printing Not a 1st Printing? When It's From DC Comics
- Copy of Rarest Pulped League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen #1 Hits eBay
- Nightwing #70 Allocated – the Latest From UCS and Lunar Comics
- Ubisoft Releases The "Just Dance 2020" Song List
- Green Arrow and the Canaries: Beth Schwartz Talks Arrow Spinoff Status
- Duncan Trussell Discusses His Personal Journey to The Midnight Gospel
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG.
- Virtual Cookies & Comics, Homewood Public Library, Homewood, Illinois 5-6pm CT.
- Comic Lettering Class with Jason M. Burns from Neymar Jr. Comics, 2-3pm ET.
- Comics X Brescia, Comics League of Brixia, Brescia 4.30pm UTC+2.
- Comics, Books, Jewelry…Oh My! Therese Taylor and Antiques and Collectibles LIVE Auctions, 1-3pm CT.
Comic Book Industry birthdays, today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. Or if there is, the police will come and shut you down. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Tyler Forrest Martin, creative director of Godhead Comics
- Danie Ware, SEO manager and events organiser of Forbidden Planet
Interested in the thoughts Alan Gill, the fate of Forbidden Planet, or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.