Children Of Morta Receives The New Family Trails Update
11 Bit Studios has released a new free update to Children Of Morta as players can now experience the new Family Trials. We got the full rundown for you below, but the short version is that there's a brand new dungeon for you to go through that will put every member of the clan to the test. If you've grown these characters through previous content, then they'll be ready for the trials ahead as they will be put to some of the biggest tests the developers have created for you yet.
Zyklus, a unique and abnormal dungeon located somewhere in the world of Rea, is a central part of the Family Trials mode. Zyklus is affected by world-consuming Corruption. Its rapidly changing rules and environments mean that upon entering the dungeon you may never be fully prepared for the mortal dangers that lay ahead. Family Trials is separated from the story-focused main game mode. It offers new systems, items, character build possibilities, and more – all set in a series of completely randomized dungeons. It also brings a new challenge to the game – most of your progress is lost when you die – so you better learn from your mistakes!
Children Of Morta: Family Trials Mode
- Objectives – Complete main objectives and optional side-objectives to advance to the next floor. Objectives vary from protecting the Rea Laborers from waves of enemies to fighting in the arena to surviving the flood of corrupted adversaries, and more!
- Additional difficulty levels – Unlock two additional difficulty levels: Hard and Insane. The higher difficulty, the more levels you have to beat!
- Character builds – Experiment with your character builds and learn from your mistakes to best your consecutive dungeon runs.
- Each level is a new adventure – Levels are completely randomized each time you enter the dungeons.
- It's the whole family – All Bergson family members and their active abilities are available from the very beginning.
New Systems, Items, & Features
- The Skill Tree is replaced with a new Talent System – Each time a character levels up, they get to choose a new Talent.
- Runes no longer drop in the dungeons – They become a part of the Talent System instead.
- Divine Relics and Divine Graces have two additional power tiers – You can upgrade them in the special shop or find them in dungeons.
- Item upgrades vary from simple stat boosts to additional special traits unlocked for each item.
- 40 talents per character – Stack upgrades and modifications for your skills and passives to dominate your enemies.
- In-game deeds with special rewards to help you survive Family Trials. Complete them to start your run with bonus HP, instant level up, extra gemstones, or even free items.
- Gem shards work as the main currency in Family Trials mode – Use them in the new shop to gamble for rewards, upgrade your equipment, and buy new shinies.