Epic Games released a new 8.20 patch into Fortnite this week, and with the new update came a surprise new weapon in the form of the Boom Bow. The new weapon is basically a long-range shotgun blast as the top has a shell on the end, dealing explosive damage regardless of positioning, range, or power behind it. That's a fun little item to have on your back in case you want to mess with people. We'll see how long that stays in the game before they retire it to the vault. You can read the full set of updates here, but we have the more important ones you'll want to know below.
LIMITED TIME MODE: SNIPER SHOOTOUT
- In this limited time mode, players will do battle using sniper rifles.
- May the best aim win!
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawners reduced by 50%
- Reviving "Down But Not Out" teammates in Duos & Squads is deactivated – be careful peeking!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Boom Bow
- Fires Arrows with a Shotgun Shell tip, which explode on impact.
- Uses Shotgun Ammo
- The longer you hold the fire keybind down, the faster the shot will go!
- Explosive damage is consistent regardless of the power of the shot.
- The Boom Bow will achieve maximum power after 1.6 seconds of charging.
- A direct hit will deal both the direct hit damage and the explosion damage to the enemy player it impacts.
- Direct hit
- Base damage 15
- Headshot Multiplier: 2x
- 100 damage
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to queue for Duos when the party leader was in a lower division.
- Fixed an issue which caused players to not be promoted to the next division while playing in Duos with a player in a higher division.
- Note: Hype was still being earned correctly, this was a visual issue only.
- Fixed an issue where players in Duos were charged Bus Fare based on the party leaders division, rather than their own.