Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising Announced For PlayStation & PC
Cygames and Arc System Works have announced Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising, as the game will be released in late 2023.
Arc System Works and Cygames have announced the sequel Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising will be released this year for PlayStation and PC. This will be the latest addition to the fighting game franchise as they are sticking to their easy-to-play gameplay system, along with several new features, including new game elements, several all-new characters, mechanics, modes, and more. We have the full rundown of what you can expect to see in the game for you below, as it will be out in late 2023.
"This new game maintains the high-quality presentation that the Granblue Fantasy franchise is known for and the easy-to-play game system praised by both newcomers and fighting game veterans alike in the previous Granblue Fantasy Versus title. Additionally, the game will feature many new game elements, including all-new characters, mechanics, and modes. Furthermore, Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising will utilize long-awaited rollback netcode technology for an even smoother and more responsive online play experience. The game will also support crossplay between PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Steam, allowing players to engage in battle and interact cross-platform with more players for a more united player community and dynamic gameplay."
- Large Character Roster: Players will see many characters – new and old ones – join the fray. In addition to the 24 characters from the current GBVS cast, multiple new characters will join Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising at launch. The first new character will be announced during the finals of Granblue Fantasy Versus Cygames Cup Special 2023, to be held on the 25th of February.
- New Gameplay Mechanic: Ultimate Skills: Players will be able to perform Ultimate Skills, an even more powerful version of Plus Skills from GBVS, briefly slowing down the opponent's movement—enabling new ways to extend combos and punish openings or whiffed attacks that would normally not be possible otherwise. Information about additional new mechanics and systems will be released in the future.
- New Story Mode: In line with the increased volume of the story, an abridged version of all 50 chapters featured in RPG Mode from the first GBVS will be made available in an all-new Story Mode. By eliminating item collection, growth elements, and some quest battles, the story can be enjoyed more easily in preparation for a new original saga featuring new characters set to unfold in Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising.
- Graphic Enhancements: In-game shaders and post-processing effects have been enhanced to further replicate the iconic art style of Granblue Fantasy while not compromising visibility when playing. The visual overhaul combined with higher quality images both contribute to the game's fresh new look and play experience.
- Online Lobby Expansion: a feature enjoyed in the previous game has now been greatly enhanced while still allowing players to control their lobby avatars, communicate with other players, and request a match. Before, players were able to move freely on the deck of the Grandcypher, but now the stage is expanded to include an entire island.
- Grand Bruise Legends! Mode: Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising players will be able to play with dozens of others in "Grand Bruise Legends!", a dedicated online battle royale mode featuring a variety of mini-games.
- Mini-games include a variety of rules, where players can either unite and fight against enemies or sabotage other players in free-for-alls in several battle royale-style games. This mode can serve as a break between intense one-on-one matches, or as the main mode for players who feel they aren't yet ready to play fighting games online.
- Rising Royale: It's a race to the finish in this free-for-all obstacle course. Use items to obstruct your opponents and enjoy the chaos that unfolds in this mode where anything goes!
- Gold Brick Hoarder: Players are divided into teams in this contest to wrangle as many Gold Bricks as they can into their team's stockpile within a time limit. Like Rising Royale, players can also choose to focus on disrupting the enemy team's progress instead.
Stay up-to-date and support the site by following Bleeding Cool on Google News today!