Conor McGregor is in police custody stemming from incidents that took place in the bowels of the Barclay's Center earlier today, where he threw a dolly through a window of a bus carrying fighters on the UFC 223 card for this Saturday.
Among them was Khabib Nurmagomedov, the man who was involved in an incident with his teammate Artem Lobov earlier this week. Khabib and Conor have been in a war of words for over a year, and many feel that before today the biggest money fight the UFC could possibly put together would be Conor/Khabib in either Ireland or Russia, the countries they hail from.
In the videos below, filmed by TMZ, you can see Conor run around the side of the van carrying fighters from the press conference and grab the dolly. He then takes said dolly and throws it into the bus, shattering the window.
From there, another member of Conor McGregor's entourage (of which estimates are there were somewhere around 30 members there) threw a chair into the front window of the bus and caused the bus to stop. They then dispersed and are now fugitives.
The damages are numerous.
Fighter Mike Chiesa is out of his bout Saturday after sustaining lacerations to his face from glass. Sitting next to him on the bus was was Ray Borg, who got glass in his eye is now also out of his bout. Conor's fight teammate Artem Lobov has been pulled from the card by the UFC's Dana White. The co-main event is a women's strawweight title rematch is still on, but champion Rose Namajunas was almost injured as well.
This card also saw its main event change just days ago after the injury to Tony Ferguson. Max Holloway stepped up on extreme short notice to fight Khabib. Some speculated that Conor may be the one to step in, but that obviously did not happen.
As I wrote this it was revealed that Conor McGregor is in police custody, as reported on by MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani:
Conor McGregor is currently in police custody, per NYPD. Charges pending. He turned himself earlier this evening.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) April 6, 2018
As for Conor's possible future with the company, Dana White had this to say. Spoilers: he is not happy, as he called it "the most disgusting thing that has ever happened in UFC history," and in an official statement the UFC said:
"Lobov has been removed from this weekend's card and individuals involved in the incident are not welcome at tomorrow's ceremonial weigh-in or Saturday's event at Barclays Center."
UFC 223 takes place live on PPV from Brooklyn's Barclay Center on Saturday.