These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Yesterday, it was all about what former Marvel editor and writer, and keen ornithologist Christian Cooper encountered in Central Park. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters, a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Christian Cooper and the ten most-read stories yesterday
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, as it starts to ramp up, but yesterday it was all about former Marvel Comics writer and editor, Christian Cooper and his confrontation with Amy Cooper – no relation. Keep up with your Daily LITG.
- Marvel Comics' Christian Cooper In Central Park Racial Confrontation
- Watchmen Creator Damon Lindelof Kicks Us in Our Season 2 Feels
- Legend of Korra Cast Returns for Second Dark Horse Comic Book Reading
- Psych Star James Roday on Why Twin Peaks, Bobby Briggs Mattered
- Magic: The Gathering Announces Full Sleeves Secret Lair Drop
- What Was All That About Batman Sitting Down in Harley Quinn S02E05?
- Where In The World is Batman/Catwoman by Tom King and Clay Mann?
- Marvel Comics Cancels Living Vampire, Dark Marvel and Sneaker Variants
- Norman Reedus: Walking Dead Season 10 Finale Goes Game of Thrones
- That New DC Comics Origin For The Joker in Walmart Batman Giant #5
The most-read stories from a year ago.
From a time when whether or not Frank Miller's Superman Year One was or was not in the same continuity as the Dark Knight Returns was our biggest concern.
- American Horror Story': Billie Lourd Confirms 'AHS: 1984' Return [Report]
- 'The Walking Dead': Rick Grimes Film Update Soon, 'GoT' Finale, More
- Frank Miller's Superman: Year One is in Continuity With Dark Knight Returns
- 'Arrow' Season 8: Emily Bett Rickards on a Possible Final Season Return
- The Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 25th May 2019 – "DC is Beginning to Stand for "Disaster Coming"
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG. And we are returning to events in the flesh as well.
- New Comics Day
- Rupp's Weekly Wednesday LIVE Sale on CBSN, Rupp's Comics, 6-8pm EDT.
- Monomythic Panel: Licensed Comics, 5-6pm CDT.
- The Comics Haul with Amy and Paul, Sideshow Collectibles, 11am-noon PDT,
- Big Planet Comics Book Club May 2020, 7-8.30pm EDT.
- Overhaul History – Comics Discussion and Character Histories, The Bomb4stic Bagman, 6.30pm EDT.
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Jessica Tseang, comic book historian, AMC's Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics
- Carrie Spiegle, comic book letterer
- Vince Westerband, of webcomic Life In Strangeville
- George Freeman, comics artist on Captain Canuck, Batman, Wasteland and founder of Digital Chameleon.
- Mark Wheatley, founder of Insight Studios, writer of Breathtaker, Mars, and Blood of the Innocent.
- Charles Santino, comics writer, adapted Ayn Rand's Anthem.
- Andrew Dabb, comics writer on Ghostbusters: Legion, Happydale: Devils in the Desert, Atomika, G.I. Joe, Dungeon and Dragons, Slices and TV show Supernatural.
- Felix Serrano, comics colourist
- Richard Isanove, comics colourist
- Ian Gould, comics retailer, Ace Comics & Games
- Hart Fisher, writer of Jeffrey Dahmer: An Unauthorized Biography of a Serial Killer
- Todd Mulrooney, artist on Narcopolis: Continuum
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate over Christian Cooper or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.