New York Comic Con is known for many things. But one of those things is the custom painted cars on the showfloor entrance.
But what if you could take those cars around Manhattan?
This year, the cars are getting taxi app Uber sponsoring the display as well as Chevrolet And from tomorrow until October 7th, you can ride them through Manhattan using the Uber app for free to New York Super Week events and pick up freebies in the process.
So those who ride in the New York Super Week Chevrolet Tahoe above could get free shirts, tickets and passes to the show. Or, you know, get in the other cars and get free comics.
Download the Uber App, register and start using the promo code COMIC CAR from tomorrow to see what you can get. Here are the nine cars in active service.
- BOOM! Studios – Chevrolet Cruze will be wrapped with various characters from Boom! Studios.
- Dark Horse – Chevrolet Volt will be wrapped in characters from the Fire & Stone comic book series featuring Aliens, Predator, Prometheus, and Alien vs. Predator.
- Image – Chevrolet Sonic will be wrapped with imagery from the new hit series WYTCHES, by comic superstars Scott Snyder and Jock.
- Valiant Entertainment – Chevrolet Equinox will be wrapped with artwork from the upcoming series The Valiant – by New York Times best-selling writers Jeff Lemire & Matt Kindt and Eisner Award-winning artist Paolo Rivera.
- IDW – Chevrolet Equinox will be wrapped with images of the famed Eric Shanower and Gabriel Rodriguez comic character Little Nemo.
- New York Super Week – Chevrolet Tahoe will be wrapped with New York Super Week artwork..
- Random House – Chevrolet Tahoe will be wrapped with classic characters and scenes from George R.R. Martin's new book, The World of Ice and Fire: The Untold History of Westeros and the Game of Thrones.
- SEGA – Chevrolet Suburban will be wrapped with Sonic the Hedgehog and friends from SEGA's upcoming Sonic Boom video games and animated series.
- TBS – Chevrolet Impala will be wrapped with characters from Seth McFarlane's hit series American Dad.
This is how they looked last year….