Welcome to Page Six One Six, the occasional blind items column of Bleeding Cool. Stories taken from across the comic book industry, from publisher to publisher, creator to creator, where the names have been changed to protect the guilty. Stories told in the New York sports bars or Burbank cocktail bars, from intern to colourist, to assistant editor… you have been warned.
Just the one this. Hardly worth the whole article but it made me chuckle. From the Baltimore Diamond Retailer Summit.
If you're a creator, and you're going to tell the next guy in line that the major retailer who just left your table is an arsehole, you should probably make sure that the next guy in line is not the retailer in question's son.
That is all.
Okay, maybe another little one.
One retailer raised his hand, in a Q&A session with Diamond, to ask "So, last year there was like 3 or 4 times our comics came late on Friday because of the snow. Can't you guys anticipate that stuff better and send them out 24 hours earlier?" The entire room went silent as people looked around quizzically, wondering if the guy seriously just asked Diamond to exert greater control over the weather…
For previous Page Six One Sixes that are a little… fuller, go here.
- Page Six One Six – 25th November
- Page Six One Six – San Diego Comic Con Blind Items
- Page Six One Six – Wondercon Blind Items
- Page Six One Six – The Christmas Eve Edition
- Page Six One Six: 'Tween Con And Christmas
- Page Six One Six – Christmas Day 2014 Edition
- Page Six One Six – Last Of The Summer Blind Items
- Page Six One Six – Blind Items Before New York Comic Con