These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Yesterday that everything from a sith civilisation, a Godzilla statue, Rick, Morty, Funko, Paul Giamatti and The Thick Of It. DC Comics' news got rather relegated… Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters, a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, as it starts to ramp up, but yesterday's eyes were elsewhere… even down to The Thick Of It. Keep up with your Daily LITG.
- Civilization VI Is Free On The Epic Games Store, Crossplay With Steam
- Godzilla King of the Monsters Gets A New Statue from X-Plus
- Rick and Morty: Billions Star Paul Giamatti Finally Meets His Character
- Funko Funkoween Announces New Nightmare Before Christmas Pops
- Nicola Murray Was in Love With Malcolm Tucker in The Thick Of It
- DC Replaces DC Previews With Digital-Only DC Connect #1
- Sword Art Online Alicization Asuna Arrives with Good Smile Company
- What's The Big Secret in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #50?
- Marvel Comics MIA in August 2020 Solicits, New Warriors to Dr Strange
- Liefeld, Locke & Key and Last Ronin in IDW August 2020 Solicitations
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG. And we are returning to events in the flesh as well.
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Mike Deodato, artist on The Resistance, Wonder Woman, Savage Avengers.
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate over The Thick Of It, Paul Giamatti or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.