Banette is currently available to battle and catch in Tier Three raids in Pokémon GO during Part One of the Halloween 2021 event. With this Raid Guide, you can prepare a team to take on this evolution of Shuppet and perfect your catching strategy.
Top Banette Counters
Pokebattler, which calculates all possible combinations of Pokémon and moves, lists the top 10 Banette counters as such:
- Mega Gengar: Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball
- Mega Houndoom: Snarl, Foul Play
- Shadow Mewtwo: Psycho Cut, Shadow Ball
- Shadow Weavile: Snarl, Foul Play
- Shadow Tyranitar: Bite, Crunch
- Darkrai: Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Mega Gyarados: Bite, Crunch
- Chandelure: Hex, Shadow Ball
- Shadow Houndoom: Snarl, Foul Play
- Origin Forme Giratina: Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball
It is recommended to power up your counters as much as possible, but creating that amount of strong Shadow Pokémon with their moves unlocked is a tall order for even the most practiced players. Here are ten additional non-Shadow and non-Mega counters that can help take down Banette with efficiency in Pokémon GO.
- Yveltal: Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Mewtwo: Psycho Cut, Shadow Ball
- Weavile: Snarl, Foul Play
- Gengar: Shadow Claw, Shadow Ball
- Hydreigon: Bite, Dark Pulse
- Tyranitar: Bite, Crunch
- Zarude: Bite, Dark Pulse
- Honchkrow: Snarl, Dark Pulse
- Houndoom: Snarl, Foul Play
- Hoopa: Astonish, Shadow Ball
How Many Trainers Are Needed?
Banette can be defeated by solo trainers in Pokémon GO. To pull this off on your own, though, you'll need to use the above counters and power them up as much as possible.
Using the Circle Lock Technique to guarantee Great or Excellent throws, along with Golden Razz Berries, is the best way to catch Pokémom. However, Banette is an evolved form that will yield more Candy when caught. My suggestion is to try to use Pinap Berries for the first few tries in order to multiply that Candy.
Banette cannot be encountered in its Shiny form. In order to obtain Shiny Banette, you must catch and evolve a Shiny Shuppet.
Happy raiding, fellow trainers!