The Valentine's Day event begins today in Pokémon GO. We're getting Flabébé and its evolutions of Floette and Florges, as well as the return of Heart-pattern Spinda and the debut of Heart Trim Furfrou.
Here's everything happening in the Valentine's Day 2022 Event in Pokémon GO:
- Date and time: Thursday, February 10th, 2022, at 10:00 AM to Monday, February 14th, 2022, at 8:00 PM local time. It's very unusual looking back at previous events that it ends on Valentine's Day. Looks like Niantic has bigger plans for the rest of the month, as you'll see shortly that this is fairly low-key compared to what we normally get.
- New release: Flabébé, Floette, and Florges make their Pokémon GO debuts with five different colors available. These will be region-based. Here is a breakdown of where each color Flabébé can be found:
- Red Flower Flabébé: Europe, Middle East, Africa
- Blue Flower Flabébé: Asia-Pacific
- Yellow Flower Flabébé: Americas
- White Flower Flabébé: All regions, rare
- Orange Flower Flabébé: All regions, rare
- Wild spawns: Flabébé, Chansey, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Luvdisc, Woobat, Natural Furfrou. Rare spawns will be White Flabébé, Orange Flabébé, Miltank, Audino, Alomomola
- New Furfrou form during event only: Like Spinda before it, there will be a Valentine's-Day-only heart-themed version of Furfrou. A Heart Trim form will be available through the Form Change mechanic for Furfrou during event hours.
- Global Challenge: Similar to the Pokémon GO Fest challenges of the past, there will be a challenge in the game that will unlock triple Transfer Candy. To unlock this, trainers must send 70 Million gifts across the entirety of the game's player base during the event.
- Other bonuses:
- Double Lure Module duration
- Double catch Candy
- Increased Buddy items Ralts/Kirlia evolved up to either Gardevoir or Gallade during the event will know the Charged Attack Synchronoise which was previously their Community Day-exclusive move.
- Heart-pattern Spinda will be awarded through PokéStop tasks
- Collection Challenges: There will be two challenges that will result in encounters with both Male Frillish and Female Frillish.