Looks like 2021 is shaping up to be a Halo of a year for Showtime, with the cable giant getting the excitement started early with a first-look at the cast as table reads have wrapped on the upcoming series based on the righteously popular Xbox video game franchise. Produced by the cabler in conjunction with 343 Industries and Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television, the series is expected to begin production later this year in Budapest.
Here's a look at the cast of Showtime's Halo, starring Pablo Schreiber (American Gods), newcomer Yerin Haare, Shabana Azmi (Fire), Bentley Kalu (Avengers: Age of Ultron), Natasha Culzac (The Witcher), Kate Kennedy (Catastrophe), Natascha McElhone (Ronin), Bokeem Woodbine (Fargo), Danny Sapani (Doctor Who), Olive Gray (Fleabag), and Charlie Murphy (Ripper Street)
— Halo on Showtime (@SHO_Halo) November 8, 2019
Now here's a look at an updated rundown on the Halo cast:
Report for duty. #NataschaMcElhone (@nataschaandsons), #BokeemWoodbine, @AzmiShabana, @bentleykalu, #NatashaCulzac, and @katekenners are joining the ranks of @SHO_Halo. #TCA19 pic.twitter.com/aBQ7XwU97z
— Showtime (@Showtime) August 2, 2019
● Schreiber's Master Chief is Earth's most advanced warrior in the 26th century and the only hope of salvation for a civilization pushed to the brink of destruction by the Covenant, an unstoppable alliance of alien worlds committed to the destruction of humanity.
● Ha's Quan Ah is a shrewd, audacious 16-year-old from the Outer Colonies who meets Master Chief at a fateful time for them both.
● McElhone's Dr. Catherine Halsey is the brilliant, conflicted, and inscrutable creator of the Spartan supersoldiers.
● McElhone's second role is as Cortana, the most advanced AI in human history – and potentially the key to the survival of the human race.
● Woodbine's Soren-066 is a morally complex privateer at the fringes of human civilization whose fate will bring him into conflict with his former military masters and his old friend, the Master Chief.
● Azmi's Admiral Margaret Parangosky is the head of the Office of Naval Intelligence.
● Kalu's Spartan Vannak-134 is a cybernetically augmented supersoldier conscripted at childhood who serves as the defacto deputy to the Master Chief.
● Culzac's Spartan Riz-028 is focused, professional and deadly, cybernetically enhanced killing machine.
● Kennedy's Spartan Kai-125 is an all-new courageous, curious and deadly Spartan supersoldier.
● Sapani's Captain Jacob Keyes is a dedicated military man, a war hero and a caring father. He finds that working alongside his daughter and his ex-wife is usually the cause of conflict rather than comfort.
● Gray's Dr. Miranda Keyes is a brilliant UNSC Commander who is dedicated to understanding the technology, language and culture of the Covenant, but she'll have to learn to navigate the politics of the UNSC to get what she wants.
● Murphy's Makee is an orphaned human who was raised by the alien Covenant and shares their contempt for humanity.
Showtime's Halo series is executive produced by Steven Kane (The Last Ship), Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey for Amblin Television and 343 Industries, director Otto Bathurst and Toby Leslie for One Big Picture, and Kyle Killen and Scott Pennington for Chapter Eleven. CBS Studios International will handle global distribution.