While fans of DC Universe's live-action Titans series are still be in the dark about what exactly to expect from the show's second season return (or when exactly the show will return, for that matter), they're not going to be lacking in some very familar faces to follow when it does (much more on that below). With Comic-Con International: San Diego (or SDCC, because it's so much shorter) right around the corner, fans are expecting to get a ton more details on the upcoming season – but Curran Walters (Jason Todd / Robin) isn't waiting that long – tweeting out a very telling image of what looks to be Jason Todd's inevitable second-season future: Red Hood.
— Curran Walters (@CurranWalters1) July 14, 2019
The image is particularly interesting for this season, which findsWalters being promoted to series regular. Now that Batman/Bruce Wayne is firmly cemented in the Titans universe (yet another teaser to keep reading) and it being established that the Joker exists in their "world," will we see Jason's tragic metamorphosis from sidekick to deadly anti-hero? Or will viewers be treated to an alternate take on Red Hood's backstory – maybe involving one of the other familar faces we'll be seeing?
Fans should expect some news coming out of the DC Universe event at SDCC on Saturday, July 20, from 7 p.m.-9 p.m. in the Indigo Ballroom at the Hilton Bayfront. Over the course of the two-hour presentation, attendees can expect sneak previews, first-looks, exclusive screenings, and breaking news not only for Titans, but also Doom Patrol, Young Justice: Outsiders, and the upcoming adult-animated comedy series Harley Quinn.
Here's a Look at DC Universe's 'Titans' Season 2…
Some more new faces joining DC Universe's Titans season 2, set to premiere (hopefully) in late 2019:
● After decades of fighting crime as Batman, Iain Glen's (Game of Thrones) billionaire Bruce Wayne is just as driven to protect Gotham from evil as he was in his prime. Needing to reconcile his relationship with Dick Grayson, the duo hope to forge a new dynamic as Bruce tries to help his former sidekick and the Titans achieve success.
● Esai Morales' (Ozark) Slade Wilson is known for being DC's deadliest assassin. While serving his country, Slade became an elite soldier before government testing enhanced his physiology to near superhuman levels, putting him on a path of darkness and revenge. To his family, Slade is a father and husband, but to the rest of the world, he is feared by many as the infamous Deathstroke; selling his services to the highest bidder as the ruthless assassin that never gives up and never misses.
● Daughter of the deadly assassin Deathstroke, Chelsea T. Zhang's (Andi Mack) Rose Wilson was forced to undergo the same procedure that granted her father nearly superhuman abilities, becoming a weapon known as Ravager. Ever resentful, she seeks out the Titans not only for their protection but to get back at her father. Knowing how dangerous it is to be the offspring of their deadliest foe, the Titans take her in but that doesn't necessarily mean they trust her.
● Mute after his father failed to rescue him from having his vocal cords severed by assassins, Chella Man's (YouTube influencer/activist) Jericho has the unique ability to possess anyone just by making eye contact.
● Joshua Orpin's (The Blake Mysteries: Ghost Stories) Conner Kent/Superboy is the angsty teenager of steel searching for purpose and the truth about his past. While looking for answers, he crashes into the world of the Titans where he finds an unlikely home and surrogate family as well as revelations that carry more complications than he ever bargained for.
● Natalie Gumede's (Doctor Who Christmas Special, Jekyll & Hyde) Mercy Graves is the ruthless, cunning, right hand and bodyguard to the notorious Lex Luthor – serving her boss with unquestioned loyalty. Her connection to the Luthors runs deep, as Mercy has been a friend of the family and in Lex's life since they were young.
● Drew Van Acker's (Pretty Little Liars) Aqualad was born to the royal court of Atlantis and trained by Aquaman to protect life both on land and in the oceans. Garth looks to step out from the shadow of his mentor to become his own hero as a Titan, along with many other former sidekicks.
DC Universe's Titans stars Brenton Thwaites (Richard "Dick" Grayson / Robin), Anna Diop (Koriand'r / Kory Anders / Starfire), Teagan Croft (Rachel Roth / Raven), Ryan Potter (Garfield "Gar" Logan / Beast Boy), Minka Kelly (Dawn Granger / Dove), Alan Ritchson (Hank Hall / Hawk), Curran Walters (Jason Todd / Robin), and Conor Leslie (Donna Troy / Wonder Girl).