Bleeding Cool let you know that Amazing Spider-Man #800 had gone to second printing from Marvel Comics a few weeks ago, before the first issue had even been published. It's not common, but it does happen.
But oddly, the first printing was still available at Diamond Comic Distributors. It hadn't had all copies allocated to stores, it hadn't sold out. Retailers could still reorder it — as well as order the second printing, which would take longer to get to them.
Well, the second printing has also not sold out. But Marvel Comics is doing a third printing anyway.
But… the first printing is stubbornly still available as well. As is the second. And there are, apparently, plenty left. The standard cover shows as being fully in stock. And going nowhere.
Isn't that odd? The second printing will be in stores on June 13th and the third on the 27th June. Maybe the first printing will have sold out by then… or retailers could just order the first printing and get it a lot sooner.
Oh, and X-Men Gold #28 has gone to a second printing, available for the 4th of July. And that had the grace to actually sell out from Diamond first.
X-MEN GOLD #28
(W) Marc Guggenheim (A) Michele Bandini, David Marquez (CA) Phil Noto
THE COUNTDOWN TO THE MUTANT WEDDING OF THE CENTURY!
• Everything is going wrong.
• The X-Men are under attack from all sides…
• …and there's still a wedding to plan!
Rated T+ SRP: $3.99
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #800
(W) Dan Slott (A) Stuart Immonen, Humberto Ramos, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Jim Cheung (CA) Alex Ross
• Dan Slott and Stuart Immomen are joined by many of the artists who made the last 10 years of Spider-Man so Amazing!
• The biggest Peter Parker/Norman Osborn story of all time unfolds over one 80-page story, a scope unmatched in comics!
• Who lives?! Who dies?! And what scars will Spider-Man bear from here on out?!
Rated T SRP: $9.99