These are strange times, but The Daily LITG is becoming a valuable way to quantify just what comic book geek culture is up to in this time of trial. Yesterday, it was still all about what former Marvel editor and writer, and keen ornithologist Christian Cooper encountered in Central Park. Welcome all, to the daily Lying In The Gutters, a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Christian Cooper and the ten most-read stories yesterday
Bleeding Cool continues to report from the comics industry shutdown, as it starts to ramp up, but yesterday it was all about former Marvel Comics writer and editor, Christian Cooper and his confrontation with Amy Cooper – no relation. With me wondering if any publicity-seeking comics publisher has gotten in touch, Keep up with your Daily LITG.
- Marvel Comics' Christian Cooper In Central Park Racial Confrontation
- Watchmen Creator Damon Lindelof Kicks Us in Our Season 2 Feels
- Street Fighter Swimsuit Special From Udon Entertainment For August
- Legend of Korra Cast Returns for Second Dark Horse Comic Book Reading
- Psych Star James Roday on Why Twin Peaks, Bobby Briggs Mattered
- No Improvement In DC Comics' #ConnnectedTogether Messages
- Funko Announces New Star Wars Pops That Include Revan and Malak!
- Could Warren Ellis's Wildcats Still Be A Thing? "Never Say Never…"
- Emma Frost Has Own Weapons Of Mass Destruction in Marauders #10
- How The Justice League Really Despise Each Other (Spoilers)
The most-read stories from a year ago.
From a time when whether or not Frank Miller's Superman Year One was or was not in the same continuity as the Dark Knight Returns was our biggest concern.
- 'Supernatural': Will Sam and Dean Get Their "Butch/Sundance" Ending?
- The Biggest Change Frank Miller is Making to Superman in Year One (Spoilers)
- Heroes In Crisis #9 Review – A Narrative Failure With Some Lovely Vistas and Headshots
- How Scott Snyder Has Been Preparing For Batman: Last Knight On Earth… For Some Time (Spoilers)
- Marvel Collects All the Tigra Comics They Can, Ahead of the TV Show
Comic Book Events happening today
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG. And we are returning to events in the flesh as well.
- Barbican Comic Forum / What comic would you like to live in? hosted by London Graphic Novel Network, 5.30-7.30pm BST
- Ultimate Comics FB Live show, Readers corner Trades and comics, 7-10.15pm EDT
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Lynn Johnston, cartoonist of For Better Or For Worse
- Charles Marshall, writer on Planet of The Apes and Mortal Kombat.
- Chad Hunt, artist on Wolverine, Freak Force, FemForce and Outsiders.
- Geoffrey White, writer of Married… With Children
- Andrea Di Vito, artist on Dungeons & Dragons, Brath, The First and Nova.
- Sebastian F Piccione, writer of Sunday Knight Comics
- Chris Farnsworth, writer on 24 Legacy: Rules On Engagement and Dead Man Running
- Alicia Hollinger, artist on Heavy Metal Magazine
- Mike Imboden writes on Fist Of Justice.
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List
Interested in more debate over Christian Cooper or anything else? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.