You didn't think there could be more blood to wring from the stone that is Star Wars did you?
Well, as part of the upcoming Star Wars Bu Ray box set will be unseen deleted scenes from the original movies (storyboards below).
The presentation at David Prowseless Celebration V details one of the scenes, introduced by Mark Hamill
* This is my original entrance into the film Return of the Jedi.
* Darth Vader walks down a hall, and into a chamber, meditating, reaching out to Luke telepathically.
* Luke is shown in robes, MAKING HIS Lightsaber.
* He turns it on, glowing green, nods, and turns it off.
* Wow. Very cool.
* It was a bit ominous, and was meant to make fans wonder until that Green lightsaber turned on, whether he'd join his father on the darkside or not.
And another report tells us
a sequence that depicts Luke Skywalker assembling his new, green-bladed lightsaber prior to infiltrating Jabba the Hutt's palace. After completing the Jedi weapon, Luke stashes it in R2-D2's dome. What makes the Jedi deleted clip so remarkable is that it made it all the way to postproduction before it was cut, so it is a rare example of a cut scene with completed visual effects and music.
Actor Mark Hamill came out to describe the scene, remarking that once again his original introduction in a Star Wars film was cut out (his Anchorhead introduction was, of course, cut from A New Hope). Luke's intro is purposely played as ominous, with his face cowled in shadows and his intentions unclear."I had the black cloak, the glove, and I thought, wow, this time around I get to be the antagonist. Little did I know I was predicting the path of the prequels," said Hamill, noting the similarities to Luke in this scene and Anakin Skywalker's appearance.
UPDATE: And here it is… for now…