The world seems like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but at Bleeding Cool you can still read all about comics, television shows and movies. We have also been covering multiple accusations by many people in and around comic books of sexual harassment, grooming and worse. Bleeding Cool EIC Kaitlyn Booth has held the firm line that we don't repeat accusations on Bleeding Cool without the agreement of those making the claims. Sometimes that means we run stories that others do not, sometimes we don't run stories that others do, sometimes we run stories later. The Daily Lying In The Gutters, remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. Yesterday, dominated by comics chat over Transformers. Lots and lots of Transformers. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Hasbro, Transformers, Harley Quinn and the ten most-read stories yesterday.
Yesterday everything people wanted to read seems to involve Hasbro and Transformers, or Harley Quinn, in one way or another. Seems like she's popular. Who knew?
- Optimus Prime Is Back From the Dead With Exclusive Figure From Hasbro
- Transformers R.E.D. Series Figures Announced by Hasbro
- Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy – DC Comics Reaction to #SaveHarleyAndIvy
- Barnes & Noble Let Graphic Novel Buyer James Killen Go After 41 Years
- Hasbro Announces New Transformers Generations Selects
- Tessa Blanchard Fired by Impact Wrestling, Stripped of Championship
- Daniel Craig Is The Best James Bond We Have Ever Had
- Harley Quinn #1 Announced Tomorrow? What's Up With Her Neck?
- The Return Of The Externals With X Of Swords To Die?
- Anthony Mackie Goes After Marvel For Lack Of Diversity On Productions
One year ago today.
One year ago we ran a story that no one else picked up on. But I've had a lot of questions about it in recent days.
- Sexual Harassment and the Comics Industry – Again
- Wolverine's Daughter Sees Marvel Comics Presents #6 Selling From $25-$45 – But What About #5?
- Sinners Beware… Marvel Comics Launches New Johnny Blaze: Ghost Rider Comic in October
- DC Comics Redesign 'Bronze Age' Covers For Upcoming Omnibus Line
- "We Don't Want Nobody Nobody Sent": JJ Abrams, Henry Abrams, And Spider-Man
Comic Book Events happening today.
There would also have been signings, appearances, symposia, all manner of comic book-related events. But a few have gone online, and here are some still happening today, on the Daily LITG.
- Afropolitan Comics: Comics Culture in Africa, Live Video by French Institute of South Africa – IFAS Culture and National Arts Festival Makhanda, noon to 1pm UTC+02
- Jarachara Comics launch, Harare, Zimbabwe, 2-2.15pm UTC+02
- Cooking With Stupid/Fat Moose Comics Auction 7-9pm EDT
Comic Book birthdays today.
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. All depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date. With eleven years for us as well.
- Adrienne Roy, comic colourist
- Joe Palmer, 2000AD artist
- Micah Meyers, letterer, writer of The Disasters, creator of Kayfabe Anthology.
- Giuseppe Pennestri co-founder, CEO and Marketing Executive for Diego Comics
- Craig Brasfield, artist on Alpha Flight, What Of, New Warriors, Elementals.
- April Wiggins Cotton, former Wizard PR person.
- Scott D M Simmons, artist on Our Super Moms, Halloween Man.
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List.
Interested in more discussion about Harley Quinn, and what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.