Activision held their Call of Duty: Next event this week, and with it came several announcements for the franchise. Some of the major things revealed during the event, which you can check out in full down at the bottom, include a brand new mobile title as they bring Warzone to iOS and Android, a comprehensive look at the multiplayer coming to Modern Warfare 2, a partnership with Hummer, a new Warzone map on the way, and more. We have some notes below along with links to a number of the blogs released after the event for you to get more detailed info, as we now patiently wait for October 28th to roll around.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer: With a new era of Call of Duty beginning this October 28, and a massive Open Beta starting tomorrow, September 16, Infinity Ward reveals an authentic, action-packed, finely-tuned, and fun-focused Modern Warfare II Multiplayer: Intel on Gunsmith, maps, modes, swimming, movement, vehicles, new equipment, Weapons Platforms, and much more.
- Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0: Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 will launch – free for everyone – this November 16, as part of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Season One. Read on for intel on the massive new map, multiple Innovations, a new Gulag, DMZ, and much more.
- GMX Hummer EV Partnership: GMC announced it is partnering with Call of Duty to feature the HUMMER EV pickup in Activision's critically acclaimed video game franchise. The first all-electric vehicle in the Call of Duty franchise, the GMC Hummer EV will be a playable vehicle within the highly anticipated Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, in addition to making an appearance in the action-packed Modern Warfare II single-player campaign.
- Brand new map for Warzone 2.0 – Al Mazrah: Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 launches worldwide on November 16. Get familiar with where you'll be dropping in – Al Mazrah, a new battleground within the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II universe – and its 18 major points of interest in this initial overview.
- Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile: Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile redefines Battle Royale on the go with an all-new unique Call of Duty: Warzone experience for 120 live players and cross-progression with Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II. Pre-register is open now!