After Bethesda Softworks pushed the Wastelanders content for Fallout 76 back to later in 2020, the company created a way for some people to try it out. The developers announced they would be creating a private test of the content on the PTS for a select group of PC players. You can register to play the test here, which you have until January 14th to do so. Here's some added details on the test.
There are some important details to know for those of you who receive invitations to join us on the Wastelanders PTS later this month. Please keep the following information in mind if you decide to opt-in using the link above.
- The Wastelanders Private Test Server is PC ONLY.
- Invited players will be required to complete a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in the launcher before PTS installation. You will not be allowed to share, stream, record, or discuss any information from this experience.
- PTS playtesting will take place on an in-development Wastelanders build, and you should expect to encounter issues during gameplay. Please report any bugs you find to us so that we can investigate them.
- This Private Test Server is reserved for Wastelanders. It is separate from our upcoming Public Test Server, which is still under development.
- Any progress you make will be saved so that you can pick up where you left off every time you access the Wastelanders PTS.
- However, due to the nature of testing it may become necessary for us to wipe all PTS progress, but we will let you know ahead of time if we plan to do this.
- Additionally, your progress on the PTS will not transfer to the live version of the game when Wastelanders is released.
- We want to hear from YOU! If you are selected to participate, you may be asked to provide feedback on specific aspects of the game, respond to surveys, or participate in group discussions.