11 Bit Studios revealed today that the second free content update for Children Of Morta has been sent out to the game. There a few things to unpack from this one, starting with the addition of New Game+. This New Game+ mode encourages players to follow the Bergson's journey again, this time with an increase in difficulty, character skill point caps, and upgrades in both Ben's workshop and Margaret's lab. So basically it's the same game cranked up a bit, but with some new toys to play with. They've also added the usual round of bug fixes, balances, and patches to the game, as well as 20 new cutscenes, three new side quest traits, 23 new home idle activities to keep you from being bored, and more. You can read more on what's been added below, as well as check out the latest trailer for the update.
The lore in Children of Morta is enriched with more than 50 new cutscenes, home events, and activities. These additional pieces of story will strengthen the player's bond to the Bergson family and the wondrous world of Rea. In addition to the New Game+ content, new family-related quests have been added to the dungeons and will appear during the first playthrough as well. The update is available on all platforms: PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.
- New Game Plus mode where players keep previously unlocked characters, skill tree progress, resources, Ben's workshop and Book of Rea upgrades, all while playing through even more challenging content.
- 20 new cutscenes with 8 new Home Interactive Events to liven up the Bergson family home.
- 26 new Home Idle Activities to keep the Bergsons occupied.
- 14 new Family Events and Quests in the Dungeons.
- 3 new Side Quest Traits.
- Balance changes and bug fixes.